What does your cat do to get your attention?

aussie_dog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Molly pats me too, but since I don't trim her nails (she never scratches anyone, since she's a docile old lady, lol), I end up getting pricked too. Molly's favorite way of getting my attention when I'm on the computer, is she pokes her paw through the slats in the back of this chair, and she pricks the sensitive part of my back. Since I'm not expecting it, I all but go flying off the chair, lol. And when I'm in bed and Molly's decided I've been sleeping long enough and it's time to feed her, she just pokes my face over and over, sometimes getting desperate and "stroking" (again with the pricklies...). Once in a while she'll even reach over and nip the end of my nose. Heck, today she even let a drop of spit fall onto my mouth (thankfully not INTO my mouth, lol)

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

However, if Amber wants my attention and I continue to ignore her, she will pee on me
And I thought I had the only cat that did that! Pinky did that to me one time. I realized after he did it that I had been distracted by other things in life and had been ignoring him. All I have to do with him is to talk to him while he is in a room with me and he's content.

Scarlett simply announces herself with a "mrrrrrr" anytime she enters a room and wants us to pay attention to her. She's so darn cute that we simply give in every time.

Muddy is the most demanding by far of any cat that I have ever lived with. He throws a temper tantrum if I don't pick him up when he wants attention. It starts with him pacing at my feet and meowling. If I don't respond, he stands on his hind legs, pats my thigh and meowls some more. If that doesn't work and I have the nerve to walk away, he flings himself at my ankles, bites them and starts to scream at me. If he were human he would be on the floor pounding his hands and feet on the floor and crying at the top of his lungs. Yes, Muddy is a bottle fed brat who has me wrapped around his paw.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

And I thought I had the only cat that did that! Pinky did that to me one time. I realized after he did it that I had been distracted by other things in life and had been ignoring him. All I have to do with him is to talk to him while he is in a room with me and he's content.
Glad to see that I am not the only lucky one who gets peed on
Amber can be a real brat when it comes to this. I have grown accustomed to being trampled by bobcats early in the morning when they want to eat. One morning, she peed on my leg to wake me and then one other time, when I was really tired and felt like sleeping in, she walked up to me a peed on my shoulder. That got me up real quick.
So now, any time they start running on the bed to wake me, I get up

sneakymom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sneaky Pie has a number of things she does. She will sit on everything. If I'm doing something on the computer, and she wants something, she will come in and sit on the first thing she sees. It can be a piece of paper, my microbiology book, backpack etc.

If we're in the kitchen, and "It's time to feed Sneaky" she will sit beside the pantry door (that's where the food is). Then she will put on this pathetic meow, like she hasn't been fed in weeks.

If we're in bed and she wants something, she walks all over the bed. Then she walks onto the nightstand and starts knocking things off.

Pest

Mistoflees just gets under your feet if it's time for food. And I don't want to step on a 15 year old cat.

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sophie is delicate - she just climbs on my chest and kneads and purrs. Unless I am on my laptop -then she lays down next to the laptop, on top of my cordless mouse, and slowly oozes onto the laptop, until I cannot do anything. Mollie is in my face with either her face or her butt - I prefer her face...she has such a determined, demanding little expression in her eyes it is just too funny. Your wish is my command!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kojak enjoys petty theft.....he will steal just about ANYTHING!
To make things even more embaressing....his daddy is a cop!:shh:

Jasmine will try to eat strange things or bite your fingers/toes trying to eat them too
OR she will jump up in your lap and scream till you pet her

Isabella- she throws herself down in the floor and screams like the bratty little princess she is for attention
especially if she wants her fur brushed!:

Velvet will stick her paw out and smack you to get your attention

Abilene- she steals your food...preferably cheese

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Princess will hop up on the back of my computer chair and bat at my hair until it annoys me (pretty sure she knows it does).

Or, she will meow which sounds like "mahhw", so I ask her "what are you?" and she will say "Mau!!"
We have great conversation

kateure

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Spook usually just hollars n hollars if he thinks he's being ignored or starving to death(food bowl half empty), or when im walking, practicaly tripping me with his 20lbs of bulk.
Though we had a cat Namd Sonic at one point who would give me what we called the 'cat tatoo'. he would sit at my feet and speak to me a few times and if i ignored him long enough he would jump up n attach himself to me like one of those black panther tatoos you see the guys with. Too funny for anyone watching not so funny for my arm. Though he tended not to insert the claws too deeply into the flesh, it was still an attention getter.

- Kateure
Kateure - feline fashion

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky has to bite me~thats her way to get my attention....

Taffy meows REAL loud.....
The others will just come up and nudge me with that "are ya gonna pet me" look!