What does everyone do for a living?

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a journalist. Currently I freelance mostly for the 4th biggest morning newspaper here.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in benefits for a very large multi national corporation. My job is to monitor contract compliance and help employees with serious claims issues.

mistressotdark

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work in agriculture. for a disaster assistance program for farmers. But not on the actual files. I 'm like and admin assistant. I get the work to the staff...oh and a part time photographer. I have sold some photos and have been credited with photos on some websites ...oh and i"ve been published...twice.
once in canadian wildlife magazine and the 2nd time in a local calendar for 2008...
as well as the company newsletter...I've had the cover photo....
as well as photos in it.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bonnie1965

I work for a repo company and want out so badly! I really want to work for a non-profit. Working to help people find housing or jobs would be amazing. Or, working with first-generation college students to help them navigate the whole university system.
I am still trying to get some volunteer experience under my belt. Not sure why it is so difficult. So many places say they need volunteers then take a long time to call back or never do. Perhaps I should be a volunteer coordinator for a non-profit instead!
We desperately need a volunteer coordinator at my non-profit! Come on over

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I run the e-commerce website for a company that sells everything related to figure skating, produce the 32 page color catalog each year (I create the concept, do all of the layout/design, lots of photography), I'm the skating dress buyer, offer skate fitting assistance, IT, etc. We're a small company so we all wear alot of hats.

I also coach figure skating on the weekends.

katz4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a bookkeeper...I crunch numbers all day at work.

Not exactly what I like to do but the hours are great & I have lots of time off so i'm pretty happy!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well.... My background is in project management/coordination, but I haven't worked since July last year because life keeps throwing us curve balls. So at the moment, I'm a housewife, and part time student, but hope to be back working in a few months. Looking to do training coordination though rather than project coordination.

catnip

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a physiotherapist working in private practice. i work with doctors, a nurse and a counsellor. I mostly like my job!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a receptionist for a Collection Agency (Don't Hate me!)

It's actually not that bad I only generally get Cussed at about 3 times a week.

Most people are generally more interested in getting their credit cleared than making things difficult and we arn't a big enough agency to be calling people at all hours. We send out notices by mail for people to contact us, if they dont we sue them.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

I am a receptionist for a Collection Agency (Don't Hate me!)

It's actually not that bad I only generally get Cussed at about 3 times a week.

Most people are generally more interested in getting their credit cleared than making things difficult and we arn't a big enough agency to be calling people at all hours. We send out notices by mail for people to contact us, if they dont we sue them.
I get that about 3 times a week, too
Rarely, death threats. Most people are simply embarrassed to be in the situation.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. Some interesting and diverse jobs here! I see alot of jobs related to the medical field.

I'm an actor - currently an out of work actor - but an actor just the same.
When I'm not working as an actor, to make ends meet I enter donations for a non-profit company in NYC, Theatre Development Fund, which, besides having started the Half-price Tickets Booth, has many programs that make theatre accessible to thousands of people at a discount.

I also dress models during Fashion Week. There are two Fashion Weeks during the year, one in the Spring, and one in the Fall. In fact, starting a week from now, I'll be very, very busy, dressing about 15 shows.

I also do some extra work on films...........so much of it I stopped counting. Hey. It pays the bills. Only, we call it "background acting".
Whatever - we're still furniture that eats.

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm an Admin Asst and next week after I'm laid off (long story) along with 120 other people. Next week, I'm going full time as a web designer working from home.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

Right now I'm an Admin Asst and next week after I'm laid off (long story) along with 120 other people. Next week, I'm going full time as a web designer working from home.
That's fantastic - I hope it works out for you...I'd love to do that!

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That's fantastic - I hope it works out for you...I'd love to do that!
Thank you!
I'm going to give it my best shot, plus it is nice that my boss (who has also left the company) will still be my boss/business partner. So we are going to give it a go and see what happens.

stacyd1987

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanner

I also dress models during Fashion Week. There are two Fashion Weeks during the year, one in the Spring, and one in the Fall. In fact, starting a week from now, I'll be very, very busy, dressing about 15 shows.
Nice! I've wanted to work in the fashion business too. I probably could've been a model too since I got the height but since the surrogacy, heck no now!
Too many stretch marks and loose skin.

whisker's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a Court Clerk. Love the job. It is quite interesting and you just never know how things are going to turn out in the courtroom.