What does everybody feed their cats?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CommonOddity042

So far, no. Just the chicken and brown rice at the moment. I'll be ordering more of their flavors soon though.

I'm sort of on the fence about the salmon and potato. The fish basedness+potatoes makes me a tad reluctant.
Me too but in rotation the girls go gaga for it ..lol..

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I rotate foods. Right now I have Natural Balance, Serengeti (Timberwolf Organics) and Nutro dry open. The Nutro will be replaced by Eukanuba Lamb and Liver this week. It's not the best food for Jamie, with his food allergies, but he loves it, so I treat him to a small bag about once a year. The Natural Balance and Serengeti will later be replaced by Felidae, Solid Gold, and/or perhaps Almo Natural.
For canned, I use Almo Natural, Schesir (both Italian brands), Ökomedical Organic Beef (a local German brand sold at vets' offices only), GreenFish (an Italian allergy diet), Solid Gold, and Miamor Fine Fillets (German). The "half-cats", who come for breakfast and dinner, aren't as picky as Jamie, and don't have food allergies, but they love all those brands, too. Those two have a bag of RC Exigent right now, to replace the Nutro, which I only have about 4 bowls of left.
(In case anybody is wondering - I buy cat food in bulk, and currently have two double cabinets full of cans and canisters down in the cellar, and a single lower cabinet in the kitchen. I generally lay in enough food for three cats for about 3 or 4 months, and also buy for neighbors and co-workers. Nothing beats quantity discounts and free shipping.)

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The girls are eating Hills Science Diet kitten food. They were also getting Meow Mix wet, but Stumpy's getting allergic reactions, so I wanted to make sure the wet food wasn't causing it.

They love their wet, so I might try a better sort soon. Once Lily's a bit older, and I've done more research, I think I'll go over to a raw diet for them.

Our baby we're fostering is having Royal Canin Babycat dry, Chicken Soup for the Kitten Lovers Soul wet (wet and dry usually mixed together, trying to get her to eat dry on her own), and KMR Stage 2 as well (also mixed with dry).

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vala (18 month old) has been eating Iams Dry Kitten/Cat food since we got her at 8 weeks. Obi-wan got KMR Replacement when we got him at 4 weeks. Now he loves to eat not only his dry kitten food from Iams but Valas Iams Cat food as well. Occasionally we give them a can of Fancy Feast as a treat. And that stuff goes FAST. I was told by my vet to mix the cat and kitten food in Vala's dish where Obi-Wan sneaks in and eats that stuff too. This usually get's Obi-Wan a cuff in the head from Vala. Vala then proceeds to eat out of Obi-Wan's kitten food dish.