What do you miss most about your furbaby?

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pepper was a pound puppy. She was a year and half when I adopted her. She was always a good dog. She was so beautiful and gentle. She was my best friend and I was hers. She was the dog I always wanted when I was a kid but was never allowed to have. She always new when I was upset and comforted me. I loved her long fluffy fur. She was great to snuggle in bed with.

I miss her more than anybody will ever know.

Love ya Pep

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss my Willy's purr, the way he would sit in the window waiting for me to come home every day, how he would hang over the side of the tub when I took bubble baths and play in the water, and how much he loved it when I sang to him.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Max has been gone just about one year. I miss everything about him. He was just a big gentle tuxedo cat who knew he was King of our home. There will always be a hole in my heart. I love you Max. Life at our house will never be the same.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a tearjerker thread!

What I miss most since losing Odie to distemper, Mattie to FIP, and BB, Zero and Smartie is simply trusting that kittens will live. I used to think a pregnant kitty was a blessing ready to happen. Now I know that it is such a risk for heartbreak. I almost want to shake people who think it is ok to let their kitty get pregnant, or that it is not possible to spay/abort a pregnant kitty. As painful as a spay/abort would be, I can't believe it is worse than finding a cherished baby has passed too soon.

I feel the worst about sweet Mattie. She was a very special kitten, but most of my attention was on the rest of the litter who I planned to adopt out. I took her for granted, thinking I would have her furry sweetness for a long time. When she was diagnosed with an always fatal disease (FIP), I was so shocked. We suddenly went from "too many" cats to almost "none". I had already promised her sister Festus to someone, but luckily she let me keep her. That is when we decided to keep Garfield, too. And they have been a blessing. But I wish I had cherished Mattie more.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have lost so many cats over the years (my mom always rescued strays and we always kept a few)

Suki & Dino: were both siamese...I miss watching them cuddle on the couch and their loud meowing

Tish: How she always protected me as I grew up

Runty: How she followed me around everywhere I went.

Bear: His spirit

Misty: Head butts

Muggins: So much....the way she sat with me and looked up at me, sleeping by my head, hugs and playing peek.

Tigger: How we was always the king of the castle.

Honey: How she loved to chase ice cubes and shut the fridge door for treats.

lilo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What I miss most about Joss is his voice, like any good siamese he knew how to get heard

His neediness (sp), he just couldn't stay alone. He loved being on our lap and being cuddle.

Having to fight for a place in my bed, the closer he was to us the better, even during those hot summer days

The fact that anyone coming in our house was a new friend to him.

Would hold a grudge, and would come running if you called him.

He was my soul cat

I also miss Kimi, one of my Scottish Fold.

She was the biggest cat I've ever had, but was also the gentlest.

I nickname her "Kimi La Douce", which translate to "Kimi the Gentle One".

Such a tiny meow coming out of such a big cat

Came such a long way from the tiny scared kitten, that never knew human touch from the time she was born to when she was dumped at the SPCA to be PTS at the age of 2 months.

This is Kimi

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything for Charlie, Tigger or Blackie, which sounds awful (Charlie and Blackie were only with me for very short lengths of time, so I suppose I just wish they could have had longer, esp Blackie). One of my regrets with both of them though is that I didn't take enough pictures - I dont have a single one of Charlie. Snowy was my snugglebunny, the hardest part after she went was being able to sit how I liked to watch TV, rather than how she wanted to sit with me, and not having to move in bed to accomodate her (although I have to do that for Molly now). George was a foster I only had for 4 weeks, so again I wish he had longer with me, I was glad that I had just let him sleep in teh house rather than in his room though, as the night before he went (unexpectedly), he sat on my chest and gave my lips a kiss.

phantomsr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This thread brings a complex mix of emotions. I find myself smiling with tears in my eyes as many of your posts remind me of my recently passed Tigger. It's so hard to list what you miss most when you miss everything about your special friends but I'll do my best.

I miss playing hide and seek with my Tiggers and his sad meows when he couldn't find you followed by the purrmeowerrr when he found me.

I miss the sad "please" meow when he wanted treats or food.

I miss the cuddle attacks when he figured you weren't paying enough attention or it was time for food. He'd headbutt me and lean into your scritches will all his weight.

I miss the fact that he let me know I was his everything and the fact that he know he was my everything.

RIP Tigger babies and I'll see you over the bridge, but not yet... not yet...

kittybosanta

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What I miss most about Gateway are: his headbutts in the middle of night signaling his desire to be petted and then the way he would plop against me after I willing acquiesed and purr like the dickens! I sure do miss you, boy-o!

iben

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I miss everything about my Achilles, it's been two months since he was run over and died, but I still cry almost every single day. I still can't believe he's dead and gone. There will never be anyone like him.

I miss his kisses the most. When he'd jump on my stomach at bed time and kiss my face. I miss the way his big yellow eyes would look up at me, like he knew I loved him and he loved me back.

My precious baby, I miss you so much, I dedicate this song by Lionel Richise to your memory:

I wanted you for life
you and me
in the wind
I never thought there come a time
that our story would end
its hard to understand
but I guess i'll have to try
its not easy
to say goodbye .....

For all the joy we shared
all that time we had to spend
now if I had one wish
I'd want forever back again
to look into your eyes
and hold you when you cry
its not easy
to say goodbye......

I can remember all those great times we had
There were so many memories, some good some bad
yes and through it all
those memories will last
forever .....

Theres peace in where you are
may be all I need to know
and if I listen to my heart
i'll hear your laughter once more
and so I got to say
i'm just glad you came my way
its not easy to say
goodbye.....

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i miss the way Susie would come inside smelling of grass and earth, and her eyes would be bright and her fur would be a little dirty, and she just seemed so alive.. we lived deep in the country (i had her wheni was a child) and all our cats were indoor/outdoor, and she loved going outside. i miss the way she would curl up by my feet everynight. not by my face or stomach-she wasn't really a lapcat-but she'd never sleep anywhere than the foot of my bed, snuggled up next to my ankles. i miss her sweet little face, and her meow.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss so many things about my precious furangels, Lucki, Kit and Blackie....

Lucki- I miss my little petite girl so much. I miss the way I would pick her little body up and hug and kiss her, she was a very sweet little black kitty. I miss her little chirps and her precious little face. I miss when she would knead my hair and fall asleep on my head purring away. We only had three years together but I treasure every moment you were in my life, my angel.

Kit- I miss when I would pull up in the driveway late at night and Kit would be on the porch waiting for me or he would come running down to greet me from his night out, which he enjoyed so much. He would then come inside with me and I would give him his nightly snack and he would head butt me and meow the entire time, the only time I could hug and kiss him so I really treasured this time together. Kit would then come up and sleep in my bed with me, which always made me feel so happy, since it was not easy to win his love.

Blackie- My big beautiful black boy, I miss seeing you sitting on the kitchen counter at my parent's house looking so regal and beautiful. You were such a kind and gentle soul. I miss how much you would purr all the time. I miss seeing you looking so happy looking out the window and enjoying the birds and squirrels. I miss so much about you Blackie.

I often say how much better life would be if all three of you were still in my life, but I know you are all safe now and happy and always watching over me until we meet again.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss Glory's squeak and the comfort I got from her curling up next to me every night.

I miss the looks Tiger could give. I miss they way she loved with all she was no matter what.

I miss Tinsel's bringing cricket leggs into my bed. I miss just calling 'Tinny!'

romeoslover

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lost Kittycat (named after KIttycat in the family Circus comic) in 1990. What I miss most about him was the way he lay against my legs while I was in bed. You know, that "next to you" feeling.

Secondly, I miss his BIG meow and kinked tail. He was half Siamese and half Tabby..and huge. I wish I had taken more photos of him.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This really is a tear jerker thread. Hugs to all of you who are still hurting.
Life goes on, but we will miss them forever, right.

distol

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
aahh...my baby Bear. lost him dec. 5, 2003. i miss everything...but what i miss the MOST is how he'd wake me up in the morning for his breakfast. he'd sit by my head and rub his front paw down my cheek. as long as i kept my eyes closed and pretended to sleep, he'd keep doing it...occasionally giving a 'hmmewph' snorting noise. as soon as i opened my eyes it was open season on my head. if i tried to pretend i went back to sleep, he'd press his paw on my eyeball, or lick my forehead until i gave in and got up. i miss my baby!

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I miss my Fred for so many reasons. I miss the way he would hug me and give me little wet kisses even if I had only been gone to the mailbox. He slept with me every night for 18 years, and even though my others will cuddle with me, they don't get it quite right. I miss how he kept all the others in line and made them behave. If they got hissy or slapped at me, he would bonk them on the head as if to say you will respect our meowmy. If I laid on the couch, he would always come lay on my tummy and tuck his little head under my chin. Once when I was really sick, he sat on my pillow and watched over me while I slept. That is just a little of why I miss my little friend so much. It has been almost a year, and it is still such a fresh hurt. i wonder if it will ever hurt less.