What do you hate about your job?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The bad thing about being self employed is if I'm not actually working I'm not getting paid. Not much new work coming in right now-for 6-8 weeks I worked like crazy and now I have to really work and finding jobs.
Plus landscaping in Wisconsin is a seasonal occupation-no doubt about that!!
As I have mentioned before-the physical part has stressed my body in new ways!!
The good things are: the wardrobe-shorts & tank tops, I set my own hours, I spend other people's money on plants instead of my own!! Plus the compliments on what I have done is music to my ears.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of the time I like my job.... except when I have to pee. I am the 1st thing people see when they come into our firm, I have this big beautiful lobby desk, that comes with a chain around my ankle!
Someone has to be here at all times, so I can't just get up to pee. And the ones who are supposed to relieve me, when I need it, dodge me like the plague, cause they don't wanna have to answer the phones for 2 minutes.... and I have to eat my lunch at my desk, which is not really a problem for me, cause I get paid for it, but it's bad enough I have to answer the phone in between bites, then these idiots come to my desk and see that I have a mouthful, and that my lunch is right in front of me, and they'll still say, can you get us 10 lunches delivered to the board room? ummm, yeah, sure, let me put my lunch down, so I can order your lunch for the clients you have in the board room when you've known they were coming for how long? jerks!!!

But, I work 8-4 M-F, sit on my patootie and hang out at The Cat Lounge all day long... when I go home, I don't get any phone calls or anything, they all have to wait till I get in the next day... so it's not that bad...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geez, everyone has stupid coworkers in some sense of the word, I'm so glad I'm not alone!
My dislikes are: stupid coworkers. the ones who say "you make more there for you should do more". BS, I do just as much if not MORE that's why I get the amount of $$ I do, plus I've been here forever and have gotten raises over the years for that. SO NO I'm not supposed to do YOUR job AND mine. If you want a paycheck, do your job and quit complaining!
Customers that are horrible. They treat restaurant workers like pond scum because we work where we do. Uh,I hate to tell you but I bet I make more $$ then you and I probably have a higher IQ. Stop treating me like I'm stupid because I CHOSE to work here. Not all restaurant workers are stupid, just some.
My manager, mostly because she has no backbone and doesn't know how to follow up if she something is done incorrectly or if someone is consistantly late. She just lets it go over and over until she gets mad and well, whose fault is it that they were late 15 times in the late 5 weeks? You never wrote them up, talked to them or anything and NOW you're upset? HELLO? pick up the clue phone. Or she will tell the crew to talk to me if they want to leave. Hello? you're in charge, why come to me? I'm your asst, not your boss. It just makes her look so bad.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate the pressure. I am in Sales, and I AM NOT A SALESPERSON. So, I can't stand the whole "sell, sell, sell" mentality.

I guess I'm not sleezy enough

cearbhaill

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm a Certified Master Groomer- cat and dog groomer. I've done this for 34 years and am now working part time as that is all I can stand

The thing I hate most is always being asked to go faster.
I have clients that come quite a distance so they are always in a hurry to get the animal back so they can go home.
So it's "Hurry!" and by the way "last time one of his hairs was half a centimeter too long, could you not do that" or "is an hour long enough?" followed immediately by "he's having his picture taken so it must be perect".

Well the whole reason they come to me in the first place is because I am so meticulous and nitpicky, and that takes time. So every time they say "Must Be Perfect" I reply with "Must Be kidding"

I actually have a sign up next to my table that says:

"You can be crazy.
You can come in on a Saturday.
You can be in a hurry.
But you can't be all three."