What do you guys do when you are really bored???

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am really bored! It's Friday night and I'm at home... kids are asleep.. what do you guys do when you are bored??

gopher

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Really bored?

Watch an old movie, have a beer, listen to music that I haven't for ages, read an old book. I basically go to stuff I haven't touched in years.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL I surf The Cat Site!

OK, beyond TCS, I check out old sites that I have kinda forgotten about that are in my favorites, for me that's a lot of cross stitching sites. I may find a movie on TV or throw in a DVD. If I just want to get away from the computer I actually do cross stitch (but that doesn't happen very often! Unfortunately for my projects...)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kateang

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i guess that's why I'm on TCS tonight

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I play with my cats, study, or get on the computer. I have cut my computer time in half, because I left another forum that I spent countless hours on, so I will devote that 2-3 hours daily to studying.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Eat!
, Playing with kittens,take the dogs for a walk, watch tv, try and sleepy, listen to talkback.. computer,playstation,ring a friend,txt

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kateang
I am really bored! It's Friday night and I'm at home... kids are asleep.. what do you guys do when you are bored??
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that why I have been a member here for 3 years and 7000+ posts?

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bored ???

I usualy serv the net for cat site's , Petsfinder and check out the cats ,check out rescue site's for cats , go on E-bay and check out cat tree, check out the catsite advertising and sister site meowwwho and play Mahjongg

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by Deb25
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that why I have been a member here for 3 years and 7000+ posts?
LOL Deb! I must say I agree! I am never bored as long as I have this place to come to, there is always something to talk about here.

But I also like to read...I am currently reading Dean Koontz "False Memories" which I highly recommend...I am almost done with it. But of course with studying to do (I went back to college after all these years) and a baby to take care of...I am never really bored!

Can you rent some movies? There are 4 movies out I want to see on video...."Freddy vs Jason" (don't tell me who wins
), "American Pie Wedding", "Jeepers Creepers 2" (which I heard was good) and that comedy with that Mr. Bean guy that just came out on video. I think he is a riot! Can't think of the name of it.

cougar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go out and race!!! Great way to get adrenaline flowing
and you won't be bored anymore. Just remember be careful.

Peace,
Brandon

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Racing's not high on my list of things to do when I'M bored...but maybe if it was I'd lose those extra pounds I am wanting to lose!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I'm really bored, I call a cab, (or even a limo on occasion) and deliver myself to the revolving restaurant/bar in the sky downtown. At least there I can savour my boredom and a drink gazing at the soft blankets of snow that adorn the the gentler parts of the view lit up by the leftover Christmas lights and towering structures that glow in the night, while the remnants of daily life carry on far below with the miniature cars and people who pass in and out of the scene. Then I find I'm not so bored. Is that the kind of answer you were looking for? Okay... actually I just come to TCS.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Johnny English!! That's it! Thanks Sam!
Have you seen it, is it any good?

Oh by the way...Hydroaxe...loved your description!! You have quite a way with words!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I pace around a lot when I am bored, as I am easily bored - blame it on adult ADD. I come in and out of here, other sites, try to read a book, its not easy when you are not good at focusing.
Debby - I read False Memory - that was freaky, just thinking of the possibility that it could happen!
I have another Dean Koontz book here called 'The Face' - it was in the new release section of the library but I am not sure how recent it was released lol.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it good? (the new D.K. book you got) And yes...it IS freaky...that's exactly what I was thinking...I will never go to a physiciatrist without thinking about that. (not that I have ever been to one, but if I ever did) Hope they don't know any Haikus!
(is that how it's spelled??)

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I haven't started it yet, I am reading another book called Isle of Palms by Dorothea Benton Frank who happens to be one of my favourite writers - she is great! Then I will read The Face and I will let you know how I like it.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the weather's good I'll take a dog out to the park & go walking.

If I'm alone, I'll put on some music I haven't listened to in forever, and dance my fool head off.
Feels great, & lifts me out of the blues.

Or surf TCS, of course.
Or watch a funny movie, or read a book. Or go to the park & read a book. Or go to they gym.

If I get REALLY bored, I'll clean house. But I rarely get THAT bored.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IThe first book I read by him was "Intensity" and boy was THAT aptly named!!! Intense it was!!!! I LOVED it!