What do my kitties look like

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitties look cute. :)

I can't see any resemblance to any particular breed, though. Like most cats, they probably have little or no purebred heritage; they are simply descended from the barn cats, mousers, lap-warmers, and companions that have been around since they first invited themselves into our mouse-ridden granaries!

The one on the left is a black and white bicolor domestic shorthair, and the one on the right is a brown mackerel tabby domestic shorthair. "Domestic shorthair", of course, being the term for a random-bred cat.

Do they always cuddle like that?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
D'awww! That is making me smile just to look at it. They seem to trust each other completely.

I wish my two would cuddle like that, but they just coexist. He's a boisterous tabby brat; she's a skittish, quick-pawed little calico... I'm lucky if they play politely with each other. Doesn't help that there's a four year age gap between them. But, hey, at least they do play. That's progress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucylittlekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah, it's better then trying to kill each other! My girl was only 5 months when I brought the boy home, she hated him for the first day, then became his big sister, now if they are apart they freak out.

Have you tried playing with them separately but at the same time (you would need a friends help) they learn to associate the presence of one another with positive things like play. I did that with my guys the first week I had them together, now they roll around with each other all the time haha.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, indeed. I try to make sure that their experiences near each other are positive--I feed them treats together, for example. They do tolerate each other, and they will play (until Christy gets tired of it and goes somewhere small that Tiny can't follow). They just don't snuggle. I think it comes of Tiny being a big guy who likes to roughhouse, and Christy being a nervous sort of cat who doesn't mind chase play but freaks out if he tries to wrestle. So I wrestle with Tiny, and cuddle Christy, and things are peaceful. They'll sleep within a couple feet of each other, but they won't snuggle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lucylittlekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That makes sense, both mine are young and close in age so they like to wrestle and play rough. maybe as both of yours get older they will be at a more even energy level and want to snuggle.