What did your sweetie get for Valentine's day?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got home and there was a HUGE bag on the counter. When he got home I opened it. There were 2 CD's a 1/2 lb Mr. Goodbars (my favorite and hard fro me to find) A stuff rose, peanutbutter hershey kisses, and a huge card. And he helped clean up the kitchen after dinner!!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When my fiance (we got engaged exactly 1 year ago today) picked me up from work yesterday he presented me with a bag. In it was a teapot that I have been wanting, it is glass and holds loose tea in the center, and 2 giftcards. Once was for Victoria Secret and the other for Starbucks. I was very suprised

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think DH could use some coaching from some of your guys. I got a leather stuffed armadillo...no kidding.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well mine made up for the headache yesterday today, he did house work, got me two stuffed animals and is getting my fav chineese food right now

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Everyone seems to have had a lovely day. We do things in halves at the moment because we're pretty broke until Mark graduated (I'm counting down the days)
When I got home he gave me my card which was lovely, just lovely words and the 3rd series of Scrubs! Which I've been waiting for, for ages! It only came out here on Monday.
I wasn't even expecting that so it was really nice. He liked his presents too.
We were really rushed because we were going out for dinner with his family. We had such a lovely evening and it was so nice to spend it with someone I love so much. His family were expecting me me to arrive with an engagement ring.

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No rings here either

I did get a beautiful bunch of tulips and taken out for dinner though
... that was last week.

I ended up spending Valentine's evening having dinner with a bunch of colleagues because we were all in Germany for work - very romantic

BTW, I got bf an ice-cream scooper
- it's become a tradition - last year a potato masher, the year before a vegetable peeler,....

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys and your rings

I can tell you from experience... I got my ring at Valentine's lat year. It was much more exciting waiting for Valentine's each year and wondering if it was going to be THE year. This was my first Valentine's since the engagement and it didn't seem like a big deal at all. The only way I can describe it is to say it was a feeling of comfort. It lacked all of the excitment and anticipation. We actually got engaged on the day after Valentine's because my guy said he couldn't propose when I was expecting it. So while I was sulking the day after he oresented me with my ring.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My bf got me a realllly pretty ring, he is getting so good at picking out stuff for me, I'm shocked. He always does everything in a very romantic way too, so getting it was part of the fun!

This is my first vday since being engaged and I think it was way more exciting than any before. Of course i never even thought of getting proposed on vday so maybe that's why. But this is the first year I really got into a valentines day, usually I'm very anti vday, but with bf it seems so special, especially now that we're engaged.