What did your sweetie get for Valentine's day?

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just feeling a bit curious now
I finally worked out what I was going to do for Valentine's! It's been tricky because I'm totally flat broke and I came here a while ago looking for suggestions. I did get a really really good one in a PM - thankyou to RockCat for that one
- but sweetie, it never worked out. He happened to find the chocolate in the fridge and eat it before I'd had the chance to do anything with it. So he kinda screwed it all up for me unknowingly. At that point I sat down and asked myself "Why on earth do I love him....?" and then it suddenly seemed like a good question. I wrote down on lots of little slips of paper all the little reasons for the way i feel about him - from the silly things like: "I love the way you keep your goatee just because I think it looks fabulous on you" through to "I love when you try to comfort me when things get too much for me". I hid them all over the house (and the last one "I love that you love me back" on my person) and played a treasure hunt using "hot" and "cold". He seemed to really enjoy himself and he spent ages trying to find them all! After finding the very last one, I fished a bowl out of the fridge and told him I'd made something special for him, but instead of food as he'd expected (he flinched when I flicked the bowl at him - as he was expecting to be covered in goop) he was showered with lots of little pink paper hearts (that I'd made by hand just the day before). The cat seems to be loving those more than he did though!!

The last thing that I put together is actually a kind of journal/scrapbook of our holiday in Thailand. He mentioned a few days ago that he wanted to make a journal and put it on a website and add pictures to it... and I made it into a tangible object but writing up each day, and saving all the little trinkety things that we picked up on our travels. I "saved" the temporary diving licenses from the trash jsut after he threw them out when our full licenses came through the mail, and I put those into the journal along with our certificates, the divers log books and various photographs, maps, leaflets and souvenir booklets. I've managed (with a lot of effort) to remember what happened every day, and he defiitely loved finding that this morning!

So, I want to know waht you guys are doing!!! Come on, come on.... lemme know what you've done to make your other half feel special today

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We just got each other cards, but i've just accessed my home e-mails from work there and there was an e-card from Gil with a red rose on, awwwwww

It's little things like that that i love
So easy pleased me

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Aaaw Emma, sounds like it turned out perfect for you then. Mine's been pretty non-existent so far but I know Mark has something as Sleeves was trying to get into his ruksack last night and he said 'there's a surprise for mummy in there', he was sleeping when I left this morning so I left his cards out, one from me, one from Sleeves and Nismo, written with my left hand hehe. And I sent him a text saying he could open his presents but i dont think he will until I get home.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lee got a cute little heart picture frame that is and iridescent blue and white. A cute little outfit for me to wear for him
and a card that says

Outside:
Roses are red
Sometimes their thorny
When I am not with you i get REALLY....

Inside says: Corny. I know what you were thinking! Shame on you!

pepper girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got my bf a really sappy card
and two of his favourite kinds of chocolates. I have no idea what he is getting for me (and since he isn't going shopping for my gift till after work) he probably doesn't know yet either
He's such the romantic

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went to get my card for him out of the glove box and there was a sears bag in the floor board. It took all my will power to not open the bag!

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got Anthony a card and a big cuddlie bear.

Anthony got me a big bouquet of assorted flowers, a card, Pot of Gold chocolate, and smooth and creamy...Lindor chocolate Mmmmm.....

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Lee got a cute little heart picture frame that is and iridescent blue and white. A cute little outfit for me to wear for him
and a card that says

Outside:
Roses are red
Sometimes their thorny
When I am not with you i get REALLY....

Inside says: Corny. I know what you were thinking! Shame on you!
hahaha!! i so loved it because i had a dirty mind too!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got up in the middle of the night (don't ask me why!) and set Neil's card out with a couple of Snickers bars (his fav). But this morning I got up ealier than normal anyway and made an mushroom & cheese omelet and bacon and toast (he said bread was stale!!). I bought the fixin's to make turtle sundaes tonite.
Nothing however on his end to me!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay i fess up, i sent kevin a sms an hour ago and ive had no reply

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A dairy Queen ice Cream cake in a heart shape..Yummy my favorite. A nice card and we are going out to eat tonight at Long Horns Steak house.My treat to him as he loves there food..

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just brought me a vase of 2 dozen pink roses (my favorite) and a big balloon that says happy valentine's day....I also got my gift a little early it was a diamond pave heart necklace....

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't usually do vday gifts but decided to this year. I got him two shirts so far, but am trying to go out at lunch and get something more stereotypically vday-ish if possible. I always run last minute :0 But tat's ok
I love my man!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got him a cute card that on the front it says "Your a hottie" and on the inside says, "And I love you a lottie!"
I thought it was so cute

I guess he has something big planned for me tonight, he went to a jewelery store last night and got my present -
- I can't wait to see what I got! He accidentaly left the bag on the counter last night when he got home - OOPS!
I'm just itchin to know whats going to happen!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I got him a cute card that on the front it says "Your a hottie" and on the inside says, "And I love you a lottie!"
I thought it was so cute

I guess he has something big planned for me tonight, he went to a jewelery store last night and got my present -
- I can't wait to see what I got! He accidentaly left the bag on the counter last night when he got home - OOPS!
I'm just itchin to know whats going to happen!
Hehe maybe its an engagement ring

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband brought pink roses and a 'hugs and kisses' balloon to my work this morning with a nice card. I think he is planning on taking me out to lunch as well.

Today is also my birthday, so I don't know what he has planned for tonight.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Hehe maybe its an engagement ring
HA! I wish! He just got me a 1/2 carat princess cut diamond ring for my bday in May .... so I don't think its a ring

A girl can dream tho, right?!