What deodorant do you use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You are supposed to use it before bed at night (and also do not use it RIGHT after you shave- wait a few minutes)
We have the PM also but I only seem to remember when I just shaved. Boy does that hurt.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

We have the PM also but I only seem to remember when I just shaved. Boy does that hurt.
i've done that before and man it stung!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have used Secret for years. However, I think I've developed an allergy to it because for the past several months or a year or more it makes me itch like crazy!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have to alternate on a weekly basis or I break out in a nasty rash.
I've got like 4 different tubes!

fred&nermal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use Liquid rock by "Kiss my Face", with Lavender. It's only available in health food stores. It's the same as Crystal except in liquid roll-on form. I like the lavender as lavender oil killes bacteria (part of the cause of BO). You can also get it in non-scented, and some other scents.

I think the secret to using it is to go for a bit without using anything, then try the crystal brands. I went on a canoe trip and went without. After this is when I started on Liquid Rock. It seemed to give it a clean palette to work with, so to speak.

I've used it for 4 years and it totally works. I think the Jason line makes something similiar.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a very sweaty, stinky woman, lol. I've tried Certain Dry but it dries out my skin so much, I get a rash if I use it every night. Using it every other day doesn't really help either.

Last night I tried the Secret Clinical Strength for the first time and I'm going without adding more today, just to see what happens. If I'm stinky and sweaty at any point, I think I'll have to pick up reg. deodorant for the daytime.

I hate being this sweaty, lol.

bab-ush-niik

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only knew about the aluminum and breast cancer link, not the Alzheimer's one.

I switched to Toms of Maine when I learned about the aluminum. I've also tried Crystal, but I always had to reapply Crystal later in the day. Toms seems to last through the work day. I reapply if I'm going out at night, but then, I did that with antiperspirant too.

It's surprisingly hard to find a deodorant that's not an antiperspirant. Those are the only two brands that you can easily find around here, and they're usually on the bottom shelf. I think there are others if you shop at a natural foods store. I guess a lot of people are still using antiperspirants. The studies have not been conclusive, but personally, I'm not going to take the risk.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Fred&Nermal

I use Liquid rock by "Kiss my Face", with Lavender. It's only available in health food stores. It's the same as Crystal except in liquid roll-on form. I like the lavender as lavender oil killes bacteria (part of the cause of BO). You can also get it in non-scented, and some other scents.
i didn't know they made a liquid roll on. i'll have to look for it.
i have kiss-my-face lavendar, but it's a regular deodorant with enzymes. i'm switching back to it for a while since i don't think dove unscented was really doing anything (i smell the same-LOL).

kuntrykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna start using 2 deoderants because I get itchy and start sweating anyway when I start using 1 for too long. I like Degree best so far; right now I use Bam and it works too. I don't really care how soft my armpits are because I never wear sleeveless and go swimming like 2 times a year maybe. But both the Degree and Bam work good for me. I just want something to keep me from sweating, and for a long time! I generally don't stink too bad. (I used Lady Speed Stick, and it worked pretty well too)
I think the men's deoderants are stronger because men are, well, more stinky! Let's face it!
I'll have to try some of that men's stuff...