What deodorant do you use?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aluminum Chloride is in almost every antiperspirant..Unless its all natural. That is the main ingredient in them.

It is not only linked to Alzheimers, but also cancer...I am prone to both genetically too

Ah well, everything causes cancer these days.

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I sell Avon, thats what I use. The cool and confident baby power scent. Works for me.

catmomof2

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I went through this a while ago ( having to change deodorant often cause it wouldnt seem to be working any longer ) I have been using Degree which seems to be working the best

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use either Toms of Maine, Green Beaver Tea Tree, or Avalon Organics. I have very sensitive skin and I might become allergic to polybens in the future so I'm trying to use only natural products. My favourite so far has been the Green Beaver brand. It smells soooooo yummy!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most deoderant gives me BO throughout the day... If i don't wear deoderant I don't smell, but I feel yucky knowing Im not wearing any! I found that If I wear Mens Old Spice Gel deoderant in Sports Clean (or something on the order of that) i don't get that funky smell! I also got a free sample of the Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant and I like it... All the other Secret deoderants make me smelly but this one doesn't! I think Im going to go with the Secret Clinical Strength from now on!

bakearama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use dove and secret, which ever is cheaper when I am at the store. My sister uses something wierd that she just loves, but it gives my gag reflex a good workout.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Most deoderant gives me BO throughout the day... If i don't wear deoderant I don't smell, but I feel yucky knowing Im not wearing any! I found that If I wear Mens Old Spice Gel deoderant in Sports Clean (or something on the order of that) i don't get that funky smell! I also got a free sample of the Secret Clinical Strength Deoderant and I like it... All the other Secret deoderants make me smelly but this one doesn't! I think Im going to go with the Secret Clinical Strength from now on!
I'd stick with the Old Spice... no aluminum!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah but that can smell funky too come the end of the day... I don't know what my issue is... Im a small girl (tiny) and I do sweat but my armpits and deoderant as a mix smells bad... I wonder if unsented would be a better choice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by trixie23

Yeah but that can smell funky too come the end of the day... I don't know what my issue is... Im a small girl (tiny) and I do sweat but my armpits and deoderant as a mix smells bad... I wonder if unsented would be a better choice?
I think that is my problem, the mix of heat & deodorant smells. DH says I am not stinky & that he just smells the deodorant. Try unscented.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Women's deoderants stopped working for me over 15 years ago. I have no clue why.

So I use Speed Stick unscented anti-persperant and deoderant, and it works GREAT. Have to use the combo, because if I use just the deoderant, I don't stink, but I SWEAT. Excuse me. I perspire.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Dove user here. I tried it seven years ago and love it so much, I don't buy anything else!

jenny1124

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use Degree Ultra Clear in Pure Satin. All Suave products make me break out in rash, and Secret doesn't seem to work as long as Degree. Dove, while making my pits feel smoother, doesn't work as long as Secret or Degree.. I was disappointed because I love Dove products and wanted to like it too.

keisha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like to alternate mine so i usually have about 3 on the bathroom shelf. At the moment theres Dove, Sure and an Imperial Leather
Same with me, I have Dove, Suave, Lady Mitchem, Ladys Choice, Degree, and Speed Stick unsented.
Women's deoderants stopped working for me over 15 years ago. I have no clue why.

So I use Speed Stick unscented anti-persperant and deoderant, and it works GREAT. Have to use the combo, because if I use just the deoderant, I don't stink, but I SWEAT. Excuse me. I perspire.
I have the Speed Stick unsented too, a friend reccomended it, and I use it from time to time..

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually use men's pit stick because it works better for me.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Certain-Dry or Maxim, both of which are commonly used for hyperhydrosis....(which I don't have), but I really like the fact that it shrinks the sweat glands in the axilla, so you just plain don't sweat anymore...no sweat, no smell. Unfortunately, if I shave too close, it will cause a rash, so I have to be really careful.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Certain Dry- it's amazing!!!!! you use it at night and it can last for up to 72 hours (3 days) - it's amazing on presperation!!!! I literally NEVER EVER get pit stains ever since i switched to it!!!
It's the best deoderant!!!! You are supposed to use it before bed at night (and also do not use it RIGHT after you shave- wait a few minutes). It's amazing!!!
Best deoderant i've ever tried and i've tried them all

I also use Certain Dry AM in the morning or throughout the day just as a refresher (especially if i've been at the animal shelter all day or worked out) it smells good and keeps me all fresh! And once again- no pit stains