What could this wincing/quivering be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I am so so sorry. Your story is so similar to mine so my heart aches for you. When you said that he wasn’t urinating much on the pred fluid build up was my biggest and most immediate fear as that’s exactly what happened with my boy who passed in January… so I hate that we have this in common. I do believe strong meds like pred can exacerbate underlying issues, it did in my case, but it won’t cause something that’s not already brewing, so please don’t blame yourself. I know it’s hard, I did it too, but you did so much for that little guy and I can tell by the sweet little cat smile expression he’s making at you in those pictures that he adored you so much too. He looks like he was such a happy cat. Truly. You clearly gave him an amazing life full of love. Take care of yourself, the next few days and weeks are going to be rough but you will get through it and eventually the intense grief you’re feeling right now will be replaced by happy memories :redheartpump:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a whirlwind the last 3 hours have been. The vet called after running a full blood panel and his kidneys were shot and he didn't have much time left. We decided to end his suffering earlier this evening. He looked so out of it and we knew. We got him to take some drinks and lick his beloved laxatone before we said goodbye and kissed him and talked to him as they put him to sleep. Hardest thing I've had to do. I'm utterly lost and keep looking for him here at the house, he was such a huge personality and ultimate cuddler and companion, he'd play fetch, even hide and seek and loved being held and loved car rides, he was unreal and a best friend. His kidney levels weren't bad a month ago, I'm kicking myself wondering if the Prednisone kicked his kidneys into full failure.

RIP kauzmo, you're now whole and chasing grasshoppers and enjoying sun baths.
I am so sorry K kauzmo :( I was so hoping he'd rally and be back home with you, safe and sound. What a horrible shock. Sending you many, many hugs. :hugs: Rest easy little Kauzmo. :angelcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kauzmo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words. Still doesn't feel real and I find myself constantly expecting to see or hear him when I do certain things and then it hits me he's gone. Or I'll be leaving the house and out of habitat turn a light on for him or have a blanket all set out perfectly for him on the couch and then it hits me he's gone and I start crying. One moment I'm thinking he's been gone for awhile, the next moment I think this isn't real and he's still alive. I'm watching past videos of him and photos and thinking that there's no way he's gone. I've even smelled his favorite blanket and I can still smell him. Feels like yesterday I got him and I woke up today and all that time just flashed before my eyes. Feels like I've lost a soul mate. I don't know how people do this multiple times but I know there's no way I would trade the pain I'm feeling now to not have ever had him in my life but oh man, the loss is soul crushing right now and a lot of what ifs and how bad he must of felt towards the end and guilt. Now when I want time to move quickly, it slows right down.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. You did everything that you could for him and, more importantly, you gave him a wonderful life.

When a cat passes on, we lock the thread out of respect. If you would like to post a tribute in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are welcome to do so.

Crossing the Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.