What conversation did you have with your cat today?

brendan2282

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today was a typical conversation with Phoebe (Max isn't so articulate, especially in the morning).  I was asking her what she wanted for breakfast, the "turkey or the fisherman's platter"?  She seemed to be meowing louder and more voraciously for the turkey, so we went with that.  After finishing her bowl, she nuzzled me and said "mraarrrr" with a happy look on her face, as if to say 'thank you!'.  Ahhh, our morning ritual is so adorable.  I look forward to it every day!

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Today was a typical conversation with Phoebe (Max isn't so articulate, especially in the morning).  I was asking her what she wanted for breakfast, the "turkey or the fisherman's platter"?  She seemed to be meowing louder and more voraciously for the turkey, so we went with that.  After finishing her bowl, she nuzzled me and said "mraarrrr" with a happy look on her face, as if to say 'thank you!'.  Ahhh, our morning ritual is so adorable.  I look forward to it every day!
Haha--Max needs that first bite of turkey before he can talk much, does he?  

alismama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I said Good Morning to Ali and asked if she wanted nummy and she meowed.

I took this as a yeas and fed her.

thecatprincess

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I all ways tell my cats they need to get jobs! Why do they think there the only ones that get to sleep eat and not pay bills .they have yet to even learn to scoop there own poop! There lucky there cute

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Did you not get the memo that you just ate?!" This after Ritz ate two hours ago.
And, "I have to go to work now to keep you in Kibble [and veal/rabbit/sirlon steak]"
And: "I love you I miss you and I haven't even left the house...."

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
"Do you understand the concept of 'toast'? That's what you're going to be if you don't get off the kitchen counter!"

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I leave for work every day, I always seem to tell Speedy to "take good care of this place while I'm gone"! and also say "when mummy gets home we're gonna PLAY"!!    

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makena: The snow has mostly melted, you are FINALLY home after being gone for three days working, can we go for a long walk in the woods?

Me: I think its a lot colder than you think buddy, and there is still a lot of snow in the woods.

Makena: Please? Can we just try it and see?

Me: Okay. Lets get your warm jacket on so you don't freeze in ten minutes. Your Asian Leopard ancestors did you no favors in the fur department.

Makena: you were right, there is still a lot of (deleted so I don't get banned) snow out here and it is kinda cold...

Me: its melting fast, we should be good in a few more days

Makena: (deleted)

Me: Your paws are getting cold aren't they?

Makena: How can you tell?

Me: You keep stopping to lick them

Makena: Oh

Me: You were right, it is warmer on this log pile in the sun and out of the wind

Makena: Cats are experts at finding a warm spot

Me: Still its getting late and you were shivering before, maybe we should head back.

Makena: I am still cold.

Me: You can ride on my shoulder, you will be warmer and we will shortcut through the deeper snow. I bet its warm by the wood stove....

Makena: Will winter ever end? I didn't smell a single mouse or chipmunk today.

Me: Couple more days.

Eric

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The conversation with Bear this morning went something like this...

"We're going to work...Because there's no one here to feed you to-day...Because you don't eat by yourself...Because you need to be syringe fed...We're going to work...Be nice to the shop cat...We're almost there...Stop squirming...I need a coffee, stop meowing...Stay still...Thank you for not meowing at Tim Horton's...We're almost there...Stop growling at the shop cat...(to the shop cat) Stop growling at Bear...Look, you're both going to have to get along back here for awhile because I have to unload the truck...I'm going to the front now...Stop meowing..."

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can't keep waking mommy up so early.  It's too early for breakfast. Mommy works hard & needs her sleep, I don't need to be woke up an hour or so early. 

Just come snuggle w/ me. No? well then let me sleep!  

Then, a little later at breakfast, "o.k. , o.k., I'm fixing it, stop meowing at me.
 "Boy your sassy today!!" 

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My little Speedy has an appointment scheduled next week for her annual distemper shot.  When I got off the phone with the vet, I said, "Speedy, you're going to see Dr. S next week for your peppermint shot"!  I will be saying this to her for the next week, I don't know how it started, but maybe I think peppermint sounds like temperment.  Anyhow, I will continue to say it right up to the appointment and Speedy will just look at me.  

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morgana was on her way of wiggling inside the slightly opened fireplace and I pretty much did a....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOoOo! OH NO YOU DON'T MISSY PANTS!" *Proceeds to grab her tooshie as she clings to the piece of wood inside the fireplace*

Thankfully I was successful, just her ears were ashy! :lol2:I am sure we both looked glamorous doing that....

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morgana was on her way of wiggling inside the slightly opened fireplace and I pretty much did a....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOoOo! OH NO YOU DON'T MISSY PANTS!" *Proceeds to grab her tooshie as she clings to the piece of wood inside the fireplace*

Thankfully I was successful, just her ears were ashy! :lol2:I am sure we both looked glamorous doing that....
I can visualize Morgana clinging to the wood and trying to propel herself further with her claws into the fireplace.  I also know that triumphant feeling a cat owner has when they, by a split second, are able to grab the back end of a kitty headed for trouble!  
 I think  "MISSY PANTS " is cute.   

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tell Oliver and Sam to keep an eye on their baby sister and Mouse to mind her brothers all the time when we leave.

Thursday morning, as we leave: "No, Mouse, you're not going with Mama R (my girlfriend; she went out of town to visit her mother), and you can't go with me to work, either."

A couple hours ago when I caught Sam scratching something he shouldn't: "You know you're setting a bad example for your sister."

To Oliver when he lets Mouse trot along after him or eat first: "You're such a good big brother."

To Sam when he runs out into the hall: "I'm not playing 'chase the kitty.' I'm just going to sit here and wait till you get bored."

frankie the cat

Mama to 7 cats
Adult Cat
Purraise
My conversation consisted of me asking Xena.... " Why must you always come into the bathroom while I am using it? She just gave the look as if to say " Why not ?"  So I replied, because it is the only time you want to be bothered with me ! Her response.... " You messed up our moment. I am leaving. AND I am leaving the door open too !