What conversation did you have with your cat today?

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this morning i was telling jasper that i have the downstairs bedroom window open too -- in addition to the living room window, which snick was laying in. i tried to explain that there was another open window available, but i guess that jasper was content to wait for snick to finish her 'turn' in the living room window. the conversation then turned to talk of the catio, which i'm planning on having put on/over the existing deck in spring/early summer of 2017.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Angel usually wakes me up at 7:00 or 7:30, & this is after a sometimes 5:00 am wake up, ready for breakfast. I have to remind him that it's not time yet. He has to wait at least until 7:00.  He used to always wake me up w/ a gentle paw either on the nose, cheek, or chin, & sometimes a little kiss with a touch of his nose against my face. Lately however, he has just sat in the doorway, or next to the bed meow, meow, meowing..... In an annoying way. SO, last week I had a little talk with him. I asked him why he just sat there meowing & meowing at mommy to get up, instead of coming up & giving me kisses like he used to. It's so much nicer when you wake mommy up with kisses instead of annoying meows. Can you wake mommy up with kisses instead?

Since then, he has waken me up nicely & gently twice now. Giving me kisses. In fact, just yesterday, I was telling my mom about this on the phone, & he must have been listening, & reminded, because this morning, I got a very sweet gentle paw on my cheek a couple of times as to say in a whisper, "Mommy, Mommy, wake up, it's breakfast time."  I looked at the clock, & it was 7:00 on the nose! " I told my mom he was smart!" 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually my little boy kitty Friskies, the one whom is the sweetest to me out of 6. We have our own little language, he makes murr-meowy noises and we go back and forth, I will say that on more than one occasion people have asked what did he say. 

kutubira

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sakız and I live alone. So we do have conversations. 

- Sakız?

+ Meow.

- Come over.

+ Meeeooow.

- OK, I'm coming. 

+ Mew.

- You look cute.

+ ...

- M'kay.

Sometimes she starts the conversation.

+ Meeeeeeeooowww

- You want something?

+ Meow.

- Hmm. Water?

+ Meow.

- Food?

+ Meow.

- Play?

+ Meow.

- You say the same thing. I don't understand.

+ *walks away*

There was one time when I was sitting with my friends and she came over.

+ Meow.

- Really?

+ Mmmmeow.

- Which one?

+ Meow.

- This one? You want this one out? *pointed my finger to one of my friends*

+ *looks at that friend and then turns to me* Meow.

- Sorry man, you'll need to leave. 

Everybody looked amazed and asked me how I learnt to talk to cats. My friend stood up and asked me if he really needs to leave. Priceless moment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
"We can't snuggle right now. You smell like poop" :rolleyes:

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I repeatedly told StellaLuna to get her butt outta my face, lol.

amavise

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh man, these crack me up.  Recently, I've been telling my cat he's not Gandalf.  He blocks the entrance to the hallway leading to my living room, all to keep the dog quarantined in the kitchen.  Poor dog is so terrified of him (he's a bully) that she doesn't want to walk past him.  So now, every time I see him doing this, I yell, "You shall not pass!"  Then go over and shuffle him along, reminding him this is not LotR and he's not Gandalf, nor is the dog Bolrog.  It's becoming a morning routine.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I explained to Eclipse he had to have a collar on.  (black cat, dark floors and rugs)  And how Kim would tell me I am bad mom for not noticing he wasn't wearing a collar. 

He wasn't impressed and really wasn't thrilled w/the replacement collar.  Now we have 4 lost collars somewhere in the house.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

This morning I explained to Eclipse he had to have a collar on.  (black cat, dark floors and rugs)  And how Kim would tell me I am bad mom for not noticing he wasn't wearing a collar. 

He wasn't impressed and really wasn't thrilled w/the replacement collar.  Now we have 4 lost collars somewhere in the house.
check and see under your bed and sofa.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

check and see under your bed and sofa.
I haven't really looked for the last one.  He had already ditched the spare within an hour.  My DH found it and gave it to me before he left for work.  I suspect at least one i behind the shelves that are anchored to the wall.  I've seen him carry the collar around after he takes it off.  For a while he was taking it off and walking by me, on me, over me, until I noticed.  We have 2 or 3 spares.

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for this thread! ^.^ I need a place to post the weird things I say to my cat. This morning I said some of my usual, "I don't know why you're so cute. You're so cute! I love you!" etcetera as she just looked at me either in a tired way or a bored way. 
 I also said, "I have to go to work to make money for you!" I say that to her sometimes or "Mommy needs to go to work to make money for you." 

Last night, amongst the many things I said to my cat were, "Never go outside. Drink water. Never go outside." I've been watching Wayward Pines and I told my cat after watching it, "Rule #1 is never go outside. Never go outside." Thankfully, she's not interested in going outside at all!!! 
 Last night, I also said to her, "I'm your mommy," when she came to lay on me. 

Other weird things I say to her usually are, "You're a baby! Just a little baby!" She just stares. XD

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well a few days ago i noticed that blighty had very cold ears. I asked him why are they so cold and he told me he wanted ear muffs.
Today they were both staring at me from around 11.30pm till 12.15am waiting for their wet food. They get a pouch of royal canin's pouch for healthy unirary tract . They love it. I tell them they must wait it's not time yet. Those non blinking eyes carry on staring and I'm told to hurry up mum. We're more important than your silly TV programme. They do a lot of moaning when I put things away first. A bit of shouting from whisky. Mum hurry up and he carries on until I put the plate down. Blighty was on my bed and when I went in said stroke me now. Well of course i obeyed and if I stopped was told crossly to carry on. Bossy boots. He was squeaking, he doesn't meow, and I told him he sounded like a mouse. You should have seen the look I got. I think they've gone to sleep. The house is very quiet.

lglwwjd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
what conversation did you have with your cat today.  today just like every other,i always say how much i love him,he is the most handsome cat ever,he's number one kitty in my life always.i tell him i will never let him suffer just because i am to selfish to let him go.i respect him that much.death is a very hard thing to understand.

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I play the game "show me" with my cat when she stares at me, waiting for something. I stand up

-what do you want sweet girl?

meowwww

-show me! 

she runs ahead, waiting for me to come after her... meooow

stays at the fridge- meeooooow! licks her mouth and stares at me

- you just had dinner! No more food until tomorrow.

Meoooow, stares, licks her mouth

I pet her, and tell her that she has to wait.

And when she is in the other part of the house she meeeeow´s in a special way- saying- come and play with me! 

I answer: meeeeoooow! and run and play with her. (I´m starting to get her intonation as well....)

BonitaBaby

Emotional Support Cat "Owner"
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Another weird one-sided conversation I often have with my kitty baby is, "Never die. Try to live forever! Try!" I wish she could live forever! Something else I say to her is, "I hope we die at the same time...even though I don't want to die until I'm old..." Yeah, I say lots of weird things to her. Heehee. 
 Good thing she doesn't understand. Otherwise, she'd be freaked out!  
  I wonder what she thinks of all the talking I do to her, mostly the same things over and over again. She's usually quiet and just stares... 

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(After work last night)(following prolonged, overjoyed greetings)
Robin: Mew? Mew? (Follow me!)
(He wants me to go into the back of my apartment so he can sleep on the Big Bed.)
Me: hi, baby can you let mommy have a cup of coffee? (Me drinking coffee)
Robin: Mew? MEW!!! (Crossly)
Me? Hi, baby, let mommy rest a minute? Mommy go to sleep in a little while. ( I work shift work.)
Robin: Merouch..

(Walking into bedroom).
Robin: Puurrrrr...
Me: Do you want looky-outy?
(Opens window)
Robin : (Silence.) (looks out window).

I have to say I started out yesterday by waking up to see him asleep, curled up at the foot of the bed.
Me:Good morning, sleepyhead!
Robin:(curls and accepts a pet, wants a belly rub) Merow! (Trilling).

I think he is saying mommy when he meows. My name is meow, I think. [emoji]128568[/emoji] It's so funny, because he has completely picked up on human speech patterns, so I basically understand what he wants, almost all the time. [emoji]9786[/emoji]️

Last edited:

mommakitty92

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Alice: meeeeow!
Me: are you hungry!
Alice: buuuroow!
Me: okay let's go baby.
Alice: (jumped up on my shoulders for a ride to the kitchen purring and licking my cheek)

kiki marie 2010

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Every morning around 5:00 to 6:00 AM for the past 4 years....

Kiki "Mommy wake up, pet me, pet me, pet me!"

Me "Kitty it is too early, go back to sleep"

Kiki "PET ME!" Purrs louder

Me " Kitty no!"

Kiki pawing at me "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?"

I open my eyes "What do you want kitty? Mommy is tired, I need to sleep longer. Leave me alone now."

A minute passes.

Kiki " MEOW!" Paws at my face. I ignore her.

I can hear loud purring and her doing "Happy Paws" (Kneading her paws) on my pillow. She starts doing that kind of half meow half purr sounding mew. Then flops on her side right against my face so fur is going up my nose making it tickle and I want to sneeze, and I'm suffocating in her furry back against my mouth. I roll my head away so I can breathe.

Me "Alright, alright!" I say and pet her head and scratch the sides of her face and chin which she loves. She starts settling back down on my pillow, and closes her eyes. So I stop and try to get back to sleep.

Kiki "Meow...Mommy? Why did you stop?"

I pet her a few minutes more till she curls up on my pillow and goes back to sleep purring contently that she got her way AGAIN for the last 4 years of this daily routine!

I admit I'd miss it if she stopped doing this or if, heaven forbid anything happened to her and wasn't around any more for her early morning pet sessions :)

The things we put up with all in love for our cats! LOL

It's time for bed in this photo and Kiki is already under the blankets waiting for me :)

blackangel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
"What are you doing? That's my leg!! Ow!! Damn crazy cat!"

Frost was like, "Hey, if it looks like I can climb it... Imma climb it.."

LoL!