What Breed is My Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The to kitty is bumble bee. He looks similar to or cat Zeppelin. But Zeppelin had a funky circle on his sides. :) all wonderful babies. Wouldn't trade them for the world.

katiemylady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

This is Sydney. She was a stray that walked up to a friend's house and I ended up taking her in. She is in good health and was just spayed last week. Under breed the veterinarian wrote "DSP." Do you know what that means? I looked it up on Google and it came up with a few results for Don Sphynx, but that breed is apparently hairless and Sydney has short hair. She's also polydactyl (has an extra toe on each foot, as you can see). I'd love to know what breed she is.

This kitty is named Kaya and I adopted her from a rescue group. She appears to be in perfect health and was seen by a veterinarian a few months before I got her. Her foster mom called her a "tuxedo cat" but I wasn't sure if that was really a breed but more of a description of her coloring. She's a medium hair length cat and is a real sweetheart. Can you identify her breed/make a guess?

Thanks!

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet might have written DSH - Domestic Shorthair - badly!  That is what she is - a shorthair cat of unknown background and probably no pedigree blood at all.  She's very pretty as well, presume the photo has made her coat colour look warmer than it really is.

And 'tuxedo' is the markings - think of a man in a black evening jacket with a white shirt.

lisbeth bathory

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I didn't receive a reply about my Bushie up there :) Do you need me to send you more photos of her? Thanks

rawrmonster

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have an answer but she sure is one pretty girl.
I love my monster. I just wish she was more of a lap cat. She doesn't like being held more than a minute at a time, but she likes being nearby and loved on.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry I didn't receive a reply about my Bushie up there :) Do you need me to send you more photos of her? Thanks
.The answer is exactly the same as to everyone else posting their moggies in this thread, no breed - just a domestic.

Perhaps it would be useful if people read the whole thread and also the sticky.

Pedigree cats come from breeders, with papers. cats are not like dogs that sometimes resemble breeds etc.etc.etc.

Last edited:

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like the vast majority of cats she is of no particular breed.  She's a domestic shorthair silver tabby.

bevy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well put! All our cats are special to us cat lovers and most of us don't have pedigrees. :)
I think when we get a cat that has special markings, colors, fur texture etc. we would
like to know what breed it resembles. In my case I used to have a Tabby/w stripes (RIP),
and knew she was a DSH, but the one I recently got (Classic Tabby) has unusual marking
to what I'm used to seeing. He reminded me of a Bengal. With the help from the Forum
I can now distinguish the different Tabby types. :-) Thanks Forum

derpina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Was wondering what breed my cat may be. Got her a few months ago while volunteering at an animal shelter, she's almost 2 years old now :). She seems to have the coat of a Maine Coon, with fur between her toes and long ear hair, but her facial structure reminds me more of some female Chartreux I've seen. What do you all think? Thanks!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bicolor grades are numbered, at least according to Wikipedia:

Bicolor Cat

Breed refers to the cat's ancestry (pedigree); color refers to the cat's coat pattern. A purebred cat can have a coat that's the same color as that of a cat that doesn't belong to a breed.

A cat without a pedigree, which looks like yours, is a brown tabby and white domestic shorthair cat. Or, y'know, just "cute". Cute works, too.

Also: "Nono"? There HAS to be a story behind that name.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.