What Breed is Estella?

MoxxieMoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s just now 4 months old, and already around massive with a good bit of muscle. She’s heavy!
I was just wondering if anyone here could potentially tell me what breed she is or what’s she’s mixed with? I’m starting to suspect Maine Coon mix.
Sorry about the photos! She’s not photogenic (I added google pics for comparison)

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Seems for me to be domestic, medium hair / domestic long hair...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoxxieMoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A few more things:

personality-wise, she’s extremely energetic, clingy, and very vocal. She only chirps to me, but will very gladly scream if my fiancé and I keep her out of the bedroom. She loves water and almost always insists on jumping in with me when I take a bath. She’s 100% a foodie and will act like she’s starved if she’s not eaten for 20 minutes.
Physical-wise, she’s probably about 21 inches long, tail not included. She’s heavy and has very rigid muscles already. She has bright yellow-green eyes, tufted ears, and a dense coat that feels like silk. She has a muzzle that’s kind of squared, and her fur is shorter in the front and longer in the back. She has a tail that seems to get fluffier everyday. Lastly, she does appear to have a “mane” coming in. It also gets fluffier everyday.
I may partially contribute to her muscle mass though. She’s fed Nulo dry food, Instinct raw+freeze dried, and raw rabbit and elk. Treats are freeze dried minnows and salmon bites.

MoxxieMoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Seems for me to be domestic, medium hair / domestic long hair...
Possibly! The lady who was giving her up said there’s either Maine Coon or Ragdoll somewhere in the mix (possibly a grandparent) because she had accidentally let a couple of her cats get pregnant. I definitely know Estella’s mom was Siamese (her brother looks EXACTLY like a Siamese) but I was definitely starting to see some kind of larger cat in her so I was hopeful :) I sent off her DNA to be tested so fingers crossed my baby’s gonna be a massive fur ball 🥰

MoxxieMoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i can see maybe some maine coon in the ancestry there. will be interesting to see the results of the dna thingy. :)
I certainly see it too, and I used to foster all sorts of cats! Never a full blooded Maine, but I had one massive boy who’s dad was a full blooded Maine, and mom was a domestic long hair mix. He was about the size of a medium sized dog 😂

I fell in love with the breed, and having a kitty with some of that cat’s blood would be an honor. Ofc I love her no matter what, though. She’s got such an amazing personality and she’s a stunning cat.
Her ancestry definitely won’t make or break anything 🫶

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I certainly see it too, and I used to foster all sorts of cats! Never a full blooded Maine, but I had one massive boy who’s dad was a full blooded Maine, and mom was a domestic long hair mix. He was about the size of a medium sized dog 😂

I fell in love with the breed, and having a kitty with some of that cat’s blood would be an honor. Ofc I love her no matter what, though. She’s got such an amazing personality and she’s a stunning cat.
Her ancestry definitely won’t make or break anything 🫶
for sure! maine coon is a natural breed so i think a lot of american long haired cats have some ancestry somewhere but regardless we love them anyway. I used to have a purebred maine coon but she passed away earlier this year (she was old) she was a sweet heart. very anxious but a sweet heart. its funny because one of the kittens we got after she passed away looks quite a bit like her and has many of the same mannerisms.I was looking for a pair of kittens that were bonded and couldn't be separated because we had space for them. I saw these two and said Omg they are the ones.. it was only after we got them home that I realized they both looked very like the two cats that had passed this year. its funny how the subconscious gets yah lol.