What book are you reading?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been reading lots and lots of books lately.
I have started Lisey's Storey by Stephen King but its hard getting started on it.
An absolutely great book is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (hardcover only) I could not put it down!! Its a story about a reclusive writer tellin gher life story to a young biographer. Its also a debut novel-very good!!
And I can continuing on a scifi series by Alastair Reynold. Its the last one called Absolution Gap. I had to buy all the series at one time.
Another series that I have bought 4 more of the book is by Diane Gabaldon.
The first is Outlander. Set after WWII in the UK its about a married woman who mistakely goes back in time to the 1300? falls in love there and goes back. She has a child and can go back and forth between times. That the next book I am goin to read. The Broker by John Grishman was good too.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

I've been reading lots and lots of books lately.
I have started Lisey's Storey by Stephen King but its hard getting started on it.
An absolutely great book is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (hardcover only) I could not put it down!! Its a story about a reclusive writer tellin gher life story to a young biographer. Its also a debut novel-very good!!
And I can continuing on a scifi series by Alastair Reynold. Its the last one called Absolution Gap. I had to buy all the series at one time.
Another series that I have bought 4 more of the book is by Diane Gabaldon.
The first is Outlander. Set after WWII in the UK its about a married woman who mistakely goes back in time to the 1300? falls in love there and goes back. She has a child and can go back and forth between times. That the next book I am goin to read. The Broker by John Grishman was good too.
I loved the Outlander and the rest in the series. She's writing another one too and I can't wait!!!

patch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What? I didn't realise is was actually *possible* to read with some annoying little kitten walking all over the book claiming its his 'toy' *roll eyes*

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm 3/4 of the way through it and I know I'm going to be bawling by the end of the night...

Edit: oops seems as though I managed to delete half my post! So I'm reading Marley and Me - about the guy with the naughty labrador (aka "the worlds worst dog").

Fantastic book and as predicted I was bawling at the end!

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just LOVE the Outlander series. I was literally at the store first thing in the morning the day A Breath of Snow and Ashes came out.

I just got The Thirteenth Tale and The Birth of Venus from the library. The latter is by the same author as In the Company of the Courtesan which I was so looking forward to reading but I ended up quite disappointed by it. All the Amazon reviews said the Birth of Venus was better, so I'm going to give it a whirl.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

I'm 3/4 of the way through it and I know I'm going to be bawling by the end of the night...

Edit: oops seems as though I managed to delete half my post! So I'm reading Marley and Me - about the guy with the naughty labrador (aka "the worlds worst dog").

Fantastic book and as predicted I was bawling at the end!
I have this book and have been putting off reading it, not sure I can handle it

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading two books right now, Driven to Distraction and Angel Cats. Both very good books.