What book are you reading?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Since Friday, have read the first three books in the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. These books are about the lives and adventures of feral cats, from the cats' point of view. Highly recommended for cat lovers.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading Sweet Revenge by Fern Michaels.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm reading a book my mom got me for Christmas. It's called "Cat Confidental" the book your cat would want you to read

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm halfway through Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen (?sp). Very funny. I'm definitely going to check out his other books after this one.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CATTYBIRD

I'm reading a book I got for Christmas called WHAT JANE AUSTIN ATE AND CHARLES DICKENS KNEW. It's a very fascinating look at life in 19th-Century England.
I have that book. If you read Austen, Dickens or the Bronte sisters' books, it helps you understand the idioms of the day.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cell by Stephen King. I knew there was a reason I hated cell phones

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm reading Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover Soul. Last night I read the first story in the section that has stories about cats that have died. I was balling like a big old baby.
So I can only read one story at a time, but it's a super good book.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My best friends uncle gave me this book The Clan of the Cave Bear. Its ok but its not something I have gotten into so far. I know he will feel bad if I don't read it. I just can't get into it!

Anyone else read it?

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I enjoyed Clan of the Cave Bear and the others in the series. If you don't want to read it, but want to fake it, I could give you a synopsis.

Originally Posted by Snuzy

I'm halfway through Nature Girl by Carl Hiassen (?sp). Very funny. I'm definitely going to check out his other books after this one.
My Favorite of his books is "Skin Tight" and "Strip Tease" was funny and soooo much better then the movie.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ErinandSeamus

I enjoyed Clan of the Cave Bear and the others in the series. If you don't want to read it, but want to fake it, I could give you a synopsis.
I guess I am jsut not far enough into it. That and i haven't really been in the mood to read.

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Or you might just not like it. I thought the author did a great job setting the scene and making the era come alive. On the fourth book though, my goodness, I had to do so much skipping ahead because there were only so many descriptions of grasslands and steppe vegetation I could possibly stand.

I just finished rereading all five of them yesterday.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are right it is very detailed. I am only at the part where they pick up the little girl after she has the run in with the lion.

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My Favorite of his books is "Skin Tight" and "Strip Tease" was funny and soooo much better then the movie.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out next. And how about a synopsis of all the Auel books right before her next one comes out. There is no way I'm reading them all again.
I really do enjoy stories about premodern man. There was a whole series--People of the _____ that was interesting. They would start with an archeological find in the present and then go back in time to a story that would explain what they found. Can't think of the author though I think it was a husband and wife team.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

My best friends uncle gave me this book The Clan of the Cave Bear. Its ok but its not something I have gotten into so far. I know he will feel bad if I don't read it. I just can't get into it!

Anyone else read it?
Super book! Best in the series!

erinandseamus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The first and second were my favorites, I thought the Mammoth Hunters was pretty good. Plains of Passage was long endless descriptions of grasses and other forms of flora. The Shelters of Stone upset me. It was a 12 year wait, and for what? Constant rehashing of the previous books. And excuse me, but if Jondalar got that upset with Ayla in VoH and flipped out to such an extreme regarding her association with the Clan and having given birth to a mixed child, how come his family's like, oh...so you were raised by the Clan...how interesting. And then another seventeen pages of more recap. I mean obviously his family's going to want to know what's up with this girl he brings home and who she is and what his travels were like, but the repetitions are never ending.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The first and second were my favorites, I thought the Mammoth Hunters was pretty good. Plains of Passage was long endless descriptions of grasses and other forms of flora. The Shelters of Stone upset me. It was a 12 year wait, and for what? Constant rehashing of the previous books. And excuse me, but if Jondalar got that upset with Ayla in VoH and flipped out to such an extreme regarding her association with the Clan and having given birth to a mixed child, how come his family's like, oh...so you were raised by the Clan...how interesting. And then another seventeen pages of more recap. I mean obviously his family's going to want to know what's up with this girl he brings home and who she is and what his travels were like, but the repetitions are never ending.
...EXACTLY. I listened to the entire series on cd. And I did fast forward several times. It rehashed ALL the other books ad nauseum. I would have preferred missing some stuff for a plot that had more forward motion. Maybe that's why I like the first one best - no constant repeats!