What behavioral/funny things does your cat do?

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thumper loves to jump on the stair case rail on the second floor (15 feet above a nasty landing zone); half the time he overshoots it and is left hanging by one paw but he saves it every time. I swear he is having fun because he always does it. I have tried everything to curb it because it freaks me out but he is a Highland Lynx and they extremely athletic. If he was a person, he would be an extreme motocross performer.
LoL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Delilah is unclear on the purpose of cat grass:

My other cats nibble on it, but Delilah prefers to sit in it. Pretty funny since the container is a ~5 inch square. She's five months old and small for her age, but won't be able to fit much longer.

Ivy sometimes licks and bites my hair when I'm trying to sleep. I think it's her way of telling me it's time for breakfast. Better than biting my nose, maybe...?
That is so hilarious!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Spice likes to nibble on your fingers while you scratch her jaw. She also gets under the blanket, meowing all the time, goes to the edge and makes a little peephole. When one of the other ladies goes by, she grabs them like a trapdoor spider.

Sugar climbs the ladder with a furry mouse in her mouth, throws it, and tries to catch it before it hits the floor.

Sheba likes to play with my hair, and trill at me when she wants serious petting.

Julie has to smell my breath every time I come home from town. If she determines I have been eating something good, she has to pat my face so I will give her a few treats.

They all like to play with empty aluminum cans, empty 20 oz. bottles and empty gallon water jugs. Even though they have lots of cat toys.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Tati don't get it either.
My other cats nibble on it, but Delilah prefers to sit in it. Pretty funny since the container is a ~5 inch square. She's five months old and small for her age, but won't be able to fit much longer.

Ivy sometimes licks and bites my hair when I'm trying to sleep. I think it's her way of telling me it's time for breakfast. Better than biting my nose, maybe...?

lovemyzeus

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitty likes to curl up under my chin (against my neck) while I watch TV with my Mac on my lap.

I was trying to take a selfie to show you and he was shifting around trying to get comfy......I couldn't stop laughing, lol!

We go through this every night when I get home from work. His coat is so soft I don't mind, its just hard to see the screen on my laptop 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  @LoveMyZeus  That's pretty much what Mouse does only he tends to bounce up so I loose my breath - then can hardly see anything as he's now 4 1/2 years old and over 10 lb of kitteh!  He only used to do it when I turned my lap top on but I'm happy to say he sometimes comes up for snuggles when I'm just relaxing these days.  

@Mani, have you noticed the similarlity in super-smiley facial expression Sundar and Zeus have in their avatars?   

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whisky has a time every afternoon where he races around the apartment growling loudly and then attacks blighty,painlessly, and off they go.
Blighty came from the street age two months. He's now over twonyears and is a scaredy cat. Hey keeps licking the inside of his left leg making sores. One heals and he starts another.
Any advice. He also suckled whisky when he came, with permission. They're both males!

amber85

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Charlie will get in bed with me and poke me, first my legs thin slowly work his way up finally getting to my face. He will poke my face thin nuzzle me. He has no teeth so he cant bite me lol. He also has no eyes so when he does nuzzle me its wet lol. once that happens I'm up.

This is Charlie setting on the steps by the bed....He didn't know I was awake and he was coming to wake me up :)

czygyny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a soft spot in my heart for those unfortunate pets who lack vision or hearing. (teeth, eh not so much) Bless you for taking him in and giving him a chance at a good life. I had a dog who went blind early in life from Progressive Retinal Disease...she was a dear one.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
This is Charlie setting on the steps by the bed....He didn't know I was awake and he was coming to wake me up :)
Why do I have this big warm glow in my heart at the image of you being nuzzled, gummed and left with kitty saliva on your face at the same time as laughing?  Charlie looks and sounds adorable.  Brings back memories of my 2 tabby girls who were both blind in their later years (both with full sets of teeth and pretty good at biting though - ouch).    Big hugs and kisses from me to Charlie. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How do I pick just one quirk...
Another funny quirk of his is his friendship with the air purifier. He greets it every morning, snuggles it, gives it toys, I've even found him grooming it now and again. When my hubby forgets to turn it on in the mornings, Sinbad gets all concerned that his friend isn't 'awake' and runs around meowing in concern until one of us realizes what he's concerned about and turns it on.

Tempest's most signature quirk is her greed for belly rubs. She flops heavily onto her back in a little diva type pose with one leg flung out, and wriggles around like an otter until she gets rubs on her tummy.

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tati likes her belly rubs too, and if you don't give her one the first time she flops down in front of you, she will get up, walk a circle around you, and then flop down again, only much more loudly this time.  When I walk in the door with my arms full of groceries she will usually get three good flops in before I manage to set the bags down.  :)

cathulhu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my kittens Hastpurr really likes to try and get into my shirts, problem is she only does this for the shirts I'm wearing. She will come at head butt me until I start petting her, once I do that she likes to stick her head in my sleeve and tries really hard to crawl up my sleeve into my shirt. She's done the same thing to my GF once. 

My other kitten Yibb-ten really likes socks, but also only the ones I'm wearing. When I try to put them on she tries to batt them away or grab them away from me. I have a holey pair that I tried to make into a cat toy, she never touches that pair. 

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Do boxes count? NO matter what size or how old it is, Artie is either in it or tries to fit in it! 

Plastic bags, he chews on.

When he wants to get me up, he walks right up to my ear and gives a loud (to me) MEOWWwww! and taps me on the shoulder!! 

It is very hard not to jump or wake up after that!

During Saturday night/Sunday morning, Artie did that at 12, midnight and again at 4 AM...he wanted food and he wanted to play!!

I did give in right after 5 am, He went wild running around the apartment! I heard noise in the kitchen. He had jumped from the counter, onto the top of the refrigerator and then to the top of the upper cabinets!! All I had to do was want into the kitchen, point my arm downward. His ears went back, he started sassing me while he jumped down the same route. Then he proceeded to run around the entire apartment! Scatter rugs flying, one went into his water bowl! His feet could not run fast enough, because of the laminate floors! It was as if I was watching a cartoon--legs turning so fast but getting no where! And then he jumped onto on of the shelves on my bookcase where I have knickknacks. I was chasing him all around the apartment! 

What a sight at 5:30 AM!! I kept telling him to quiet down for the neighbors below me!!! I was a zombie all day because of his antics!!!

crazy cat....a typical case of the 'zooms'.....

mollyblue

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Do boxes count? NO matter what size or how old it is, Artie is either in it or tries to fit in it!

Plastic bags, he chews on.

When he wants to get me up, he walks right up to my ear and gives a loud (to me) MEOWWwww! and taps me on the shoulder!!

It is very hard not to jump or wake up after that!

During Saturday night/Sunday morning, Artie did that at 12, midnight and again at 4 AM...he wanted food and he wanted to play!!

I did give in right after 5 am, He went wild running around the apartment! I heard noise in the kitchen. He had jumped from the counter, onto the top of the refrigerator and then to the top of the upper cabinets!! All I had to do was want into the kitchen, point my arm downward. His ears went back, he started sassing me while he jumped down the same route. Then he proceeded to run around the entire apartment! Scatter rugs flying, one went into his water bowl! His feet could not run fast enough, because of the laminate floors! It was as if I was watching a cartoon--legs turning so fast but getting no where! And then he jumped onto on of the shelves on my bookcase where I have knickknacks. I was chasing him all around the apartment!

What a sight at 5:30 AM!! I kept telling him to quiet down for the neighbors below me!!! I was a zombie all day because of his antics!!!

crazy cat....a typical case of the 'zooms'.....
that is so funny.... and I feel sorry for the people below us too...none of our kitties are that big... but when they get going at night, I swear they are intentionally stomping with all their weight!  Their footfalls are so loud as they tear about!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Another funny quirk of his is his friendship with the air purifier. He greets it every morning, snuggles it, gives it toys, I've even found him grooming it now and again. When my hubby forgets to turn it on in the mornings, Sinbad gets all concerned that his friend isn't 'awake' and runs around meowing in concern until one of us realizes what he's concerned about and turns it on.

Tempest's most signature quirk is her greed for belly rubs. She flops heavily onto her back in a little diva type pose with one leg flung out, and wriggles around like an otter until she gets rubs on her tummy.

I really wanted to like GW2 but just kinda fizzled out a few levels before the cap when the game was released. I loved the cities, especially Lion's Arch and that huge city with the palace and park in the middle, but the game felt really grindy and the PvP was not what I expected. Has it improved since launch? 

When my cat, Bud, was a kitten he would try to attack mobs on the screen when I was playing games. Haven't seen him try to do that in a long time though.