What Are Your Forum Pet Peeves?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

actually, i only have one. that the Rainbow Bridge forum doesn't display in my chosen style, night vision. so i didn't vote!
Sorry, we did that on purpose- to keep the forum serene and calm because there is so much emotional upheavals in the threads that are there-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Were all going to have a complex now!!

Did i spell complex correctly?!
Yes you did, but you failed to capitalize "I" in your sentence.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! This seems to have sprung up overnight. I agree about the people who don't seem to want advice, but I also think that sometimes TCS members are too ready to leap at people who don't share the majorituy view and put them off. There was a case recently when someone came tot he Board, and left after one post because they felt genuinely offended. We may have not only lost a potential member but harmed a cat in the process.

I think on the 'amateur advice' question, it is hard if a person posts on a subject you have had experience of not to post if you can add a comment or something from your own experience. But I do agree that we should all be careful to qualify it as only a suggestion, and make it clear that nothing substitutes for vet advice. Even Hissy and Dr Doolittle and others with vast knowledge do that, and they outshine the rest of us by miles. But I confess myself guilty on that score sometimes.

Everything else I can live with - the important thing is that we all love cats, and work for their welfare, and that covers a multitude of sins.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

*Writes down 100 times*

I must capitalize my I's in class
I must capitalize my I's in class........
Susan, you always do take jokes well.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I have too Ryan!, working with over 40 men to 4 women you can imagine what my place is like

We Northerners are known for our humour as well.
Yeah that's for sure. With a ratio like that you'd have to have a good sense of humour or lose your sanity.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My dad used to go into chatrooms and always typed

HELLO HOW ARE YOU DO YOU KNOW THAT THE AEREOPLANE IS ON STRIKE YES THEY ARE ON STRIKE IN AIR

notice any punctuation in there?? lol! i atleast use this... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think if anyone reads my post they must think i always have a pitchy voice at the end of every word but i actually dont... lol
because usually i go back and read my posts and think :censor::censor::censor:.... how can anyone read it? lol