What Are Your "Forum Fears"?

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Holy crap ya'll really are a bunch of loonies! I seem to always be last and for that I just assume I am VERY boring, or VERY clueless with NO sense of humor and nothing that would illicit anything further from the peanut gallery. I think it's "D" - all of the above!
Then I feel terrible and like MrsD said, either it's brilliant or bust! But seriously, that was my concern too! I could care less what people think of me as I try to be decent and kind and giving, I just don't like being LAST.

I am now, aren't I.

roundy604

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I first started posting on forums (about 2 years ago) I was always afraid of something, but now, I just don't care. I don't care what people think of me, I'm me online or offline. I don't post to intentionally upset someone, so if I do then I feel sorry, but I'm not afraid of sharing my opinion, whether it's blunt or not. (BTW, if I ever upset anyone here, drop me a PM and we can discuss it!). I don't really give out too many details about myself so I'm not worried about an internet stalker. My boyfriend reads my posts sometimes, but he just picks on me for posting at a cat forum (he just dosn't understand), lol.

Aaaannnndddd....I could be the last one to post in this thread and it wouldn't bother me. Like others have said, a thread's gotta die sometime..

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What's the difference between "I'm afraid I might say too much" and "I fear that what I might say might be too revealing about my characteri"?
Oh yeah, I'm a thread stopper veteran. Funny, never thought it was a bad thing.
So, if no one answers my question it's okay.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I'm not afraid of anything posting here. I never consider myself to be a thread killer - they just die a natural death after I post LOL

Just so you all know, I share many of these fears when I post on webmasters forums.

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Holy crap ya'll really are a bunch of loonies! I seem to always be last and for that I just assume I am VERY boring, or VERY clueless with NO sense of humor and nothing that would illicit anything further from the peanut gallery. I think it's "D" - all of the above!
Then I feel terrible and like MrsD said, either it's brilliant or bust! But seriously, that was my concern too! I could care less what people think of me as I try to be decent and kind and giving, I just don't like being LAST.

I am now, aren't I.
Maybe when you're last you've made your point so well that there's no reason for further discussion!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread turned out to be more fun than I thought. These fears are both silly and irrational because we all post anyway, but it still makes me feel better to know that other people don't like being thread killers either.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I fear that I have nothing interesting to say or that I'll bore everyone or that I won't be accepted in the group. I do tend to be a thread killer, at least I think I am.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hope, don't ever doubt yourself or that you are just as much a part of TCS family as anyone....

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope - why in the world would you think that? You're interesting! Every single one of us is interesting because we all have a story and everyone's story is different.
That's what makes this forum great because we all have different cultures and backgrounds. You are not a thread killer because I'm the last one so far

Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I guess I fear that I have nothing interesting to say or that I'll bore everyone or that I won't be accepted in the group. I do tend to be a thread killer, at least I think I am.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww Hope - don't feel like that - you fit right in here and it's lovely to hear from you. Aaannnddd - you introduced us to Simba and the rest of the family. You just keep right on posting.

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I answered that I wouldn't want my family to see my posts. That is only b/c that was the closest answer to "I wouldn't want my BOYFRIEND to see my posts." He doesn't need to know how I lament to you all all the time about not being engaged yet!!