What are your cats afraid of?

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are scared of life. Ok bad joke. Marbs isn't really scared of much, maybe loud, sudden noises. She will hang out if there's strangers. She'll also stick around the vacuum but run if it gets too close. Sometimes she'll get scared if I go overboard on yelling at her for being bad. Mia is scared of loud noises and strangers at first. I assume she's afraid of the vacuum too since she's never around when I do it. She's not quite as brave as her sissy, never has been.

forget-me-not

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Astrid is afraid of ice cubes! She loves to follow me into the kitchen and loves to look in the fridge, but the minute I get out ice cubes she flees in terror. She apparently cannot stand the sound of me cracking them into a glass. I remember putting one on the floor to see if she would play with it, but no deal.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not much, except for very loud noises. They all leave the room if the vacuum or hair dryer is on - although often, they like to stay close enough to still be able to supervise what these noisy machines are doing. They're not generally scared of thunderstorms, although Blue used to try to sneak out until she darted out once just before a huge clap of thunder - she ran right back into my arms, and hasn't tried to sneak out since!

Delilah isn't afraid of visitors per se, she just has no use for them. The other four will try to climb all over anybody who comes to the house.

twinkythecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is the natural response of suddenly hearing a loud noise, but besides that, Twinky isn't really afraid of anything.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mean some of you actually have an ironing board and iron?
Vacuum cleaner - yes. Lately, though, Butzie is afraid of hubby George. No reason for this. My husband is a sweetie and would never harm any pet. Okay, so he is not a pet person and they can sense that but now she just goes in the opposite direction. And he loves her! And feeds her! And bought her that automatic litter box! Go figure!

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forget-Me-Not

Astrid is afraid of ice cubes! She loves to follow me into the kitchen and loves to look in the fridge, but the minute I get out ice cubes she flees in terror. She apparently cannot stand the sound of me cracking them into a glass. I remember putting one on the floor to see if she would play with it, but no deal.
Sometimes sounds or smells cause sensory overload, just like cuddling your cat's belly can. Maybe the sound of ice cubes does that to your cat.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kuce used to be afraid of everything but now nothing seems to traumatize her - except the V-E-T.

Lil' Jag is afraid of the vacuum, baths, strangers, and the vet.

Luvbug is afraid of vacuums, brooms and mops, vets, strangers, car rides and other vehicles, and loud noises. (But then again he was a semi-feral.)

callycalico

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cally's afraid of plastic bags and the vacuum cleaner. Whenever I turn on the vacuum, she tries to sneak up on it but when she realizes that she's not going to 'win' the fight she streaks to another room and hides under the bed. haha =)