what are you reading these days?

littleblackcat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is such a great thread. I am always looking for new authors!

My favorite authors include Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson and Lillain Jackson Braun. I am currently reading a book by an author I just discovered, Tess Gerritson. She writes medical thrillers, very good so far.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've just finished "The Apprentice", so I had to make a trip to the book store last night for a few more books. I started "Black Water" last night.

bren.1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mags, I have Galileo's Daughter in my to read soon pile.
I did read a little bit of it, it's good. It's a shame that none of Galileo's letters to his daughter survived, the nuns burned them after her death, since he at the time was excommunicated.

lynneros

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear friends

I am reading this book called The Magic Of Thinking Big. I've never been interested in motivational books before but last year I just started and have been reading one per month. Since then I now perceive the world with different eyes and a clearer mind. I recommend these books because they may help you like they have helped. I also enjoy reading fiction and mystery, I read a variety of books. Thankyou for your time and have a great day.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hmmm... I just finished a bunch of great books... short-ish novels...

Doris Lessing's "The Fifth Child" and "The Antheap"
May Sarton's "As We Are Now"
Joseph Conrad's "The Secret Sharer"
Stephen Crane's "The Blue Hotel"

... all are really great reads... I recommend highly.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by lakeriedog
I just finished "Plague Dogs" by Richard Adams and I highly recommend that one, and am now reading "The Apprentice" by Tess Gerritson.
"The Apprentice ROCKS ! So do the rest of her books.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm doing a December review of cat books: Mewingham Manor by Edwina Von Stetina- There is Eternal LIfe for Animals by Nicki Shanahan- All the Marbles by Dusty Rainbolt- Conquering the Food Chain without Becoming an Animal a humorous look at the animal species...

For fun I am reading Blessing by Anne Quindlan

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading a fascinating book called Hey, Idiot!: Chronicles of Human Stupidity by Leland Gregory - LOL!

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just got done rereading 'Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" and James Joyce's "The Dead" for two seperate English classes. I think we're going to be reading Mrs. Dalloway soon (ick) for my Brit Lit class.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim - that sounds like a book I would like to read!

I am reading "Who you know" by Theresa Alan.

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Kiwideus
Kim - that sounds like a book I would like to read!

I am reading "Who you know" by Theresa Alan.
ROTFL, Kellye! It is too funny. Your book sounds interesting, too!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading a fantasy anthology called Apprentice Fantastic. The 1st short story was very good.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by kimward34
I'm reading a fascinating book called Hey, Idiot!: Chronicles of Human Stupidity by Leland Gregory - LOL!

Hey - who said she could write a book about my life?

big kat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I just read my first "cat" book! For some reason even though I love animals and love to read, I've never had an urge to combine the two. A lady that I volunteer with lent me The Cat Who Went to Paris and I finished it the other afternoon and thought it was so cute that I can't wait to read the next two by the same author!

I am also reading The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon.

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just finished Mystic River (creepy book that) and Eragon which was actually very very good. Presently reading Moonlight Cafe by Laurell K Hamilton for the millionth time.