What are you reading? 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Just started The Codex by Preston and Child.

On my Nook, I have Small Town Trouble by Jean Erhardt and Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Pam. All the books you read are by two people! Is there a reason?do you read novels?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
@Pam. All the books you read are by two people! Is there a reason?do you read novels?
Judy, I'm not sure what you mean. The only series I'm reading by two people who wrote the books is the one from Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. And they write as a team in addition to each writing separately. The books are quite good.

The books on my Nook right now are all written by one person.

Small Town Trouble  by Jean Erhardt

Moriarty  by Anthony Horowitz

And they're all novels.The Preston/Child books are kind of like thrillers with a bit of a supernatural or sci-fi kind of bent. Small Town Trouble is an average murder-type whodunit. Haven't started reading Moriarty yet, but it's about what supposedly happened when Holmes and Moriarty fell at the Reichenbach Falls. I like Sherlock Holmes, so I thought it might make interesting reading.

glencatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm almost finished reading Stephen King's "The Dead Zone". I've read it a number of times. I'm reading that one on my breaks at work. The next one I'm I'll be reading  is called "Cars Of The Stars". I just bought that one on Ebay. It's about many of the cars that the famous car customizer George Barris customized for movie stars and musicians. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did everybody stop reading? I just got finished reading a bunch of Terry Pratchett. I have every one published, mostly in e-pub form. I wonder how many more are in the publisher's pipeline, since no more will be written.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm reading First There is a River.  It's one that I got free from Nook, I've no idea when I downloaded it. I finished up War and Remembrance and was poking around for something to read after that. Came on that one, it looked good, and I'm really enjoying it. I see that it's Part 1 though (of course), so I'll probably be buying part 2 when I'm through with this one.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oops, no, I have been reading a little.  I managed to finish Cat Sense which I found really interesting and learned loads of new cat stuff from it.... and I started and finished The Strnage Library in one day:  couldn't put it down.  Pretty creepy book, beautifully written and illustrated.  Not a story I will forget in a hurry whether I want to or not!

Tonight I made a start on a book I was given for Christmas.  'How To Be A Woman'  It seems a bit Briget Jones like going by the first couple of chapters.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i did leave off reading my book for a couple months basically. it's Radio Times Take One by Deric Longden -- a book of transcripts for his radio shows, so each chapter is a 'short story' of it's own. i keep wanting to do some reading, but things have been pretty hectic here lately.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read several now that I am borrowing e-books from the library.

The Purchase by Linda Spalding

Audition - Barbara Walters memoir

The Twilight books

Confessions of a Shopoholic

Currently reading:

Forget Me Not by Fern Michaels

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read Confessions of a Shopaholic :D

Currently finishing up American Sniper - I have the memorial version, and am now in the memorial part of the book.

Next on my list is Summer Sisters by Judy Blume - borrowed it from a coworker who recommended it to me. I'll probably be starting it this afternoon.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've read Confessions of a Shopaholic
Did you read the full series?

I've got Shopaholic Takes Manhattan on hold (# 1 on 2 copies) so that will hopefully be ready when I finish the book I'm currently reading.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you read the full series?

I've got Shopaholic Takes Manhattan on hold (# 1 on 2 copies) so that will hopefully be ready when I finish the book I'm currently reading.
I don't believe I've read those ones yet. I've read a few of them, out of sequence (didn't know there was really a series the first time I read one).
I've read Confessions of a Shopaholic, Shopaholic & Sister, Shopaholic & Baby, Mini Shopaholic.

Apparently I'm missing having read the Takes Manhattan, Abroad, Ties the Knot, and To the Stars. We'll see what the library has in store :D

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Right now I am reading Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Teens. I bought it thinking I might want to give it to my youngest granddaughter. But I want to read it before I give it to her. Just want to be sure there is nothing questionable in the text that I would be furnishing her.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nearly halfway through 'The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult.
I was a bit worried at first as it's about the Holocaust in a different way. Worth reading.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nearly halfway through 'The Storyteller' by Jodi Picoult.
I was a bit worried at first as it's about the Holocaust in a different way. Worth reading.
I like Jodi Picoult a lot and have read many of her books.  I don't know if I would like reading about the Holocaust in any way.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Jodi Picoult a lot and have read many of her books.  I don't know if I would like reading about the Holocaust in any way.
i was debating with myself as to if I wanted to read it and decided to try. It's a bit odd. There's a weird girl who meets an old man at a group therapy and they get friendly until he tells her he worked in a concentration camp and he wants forgiveness and for her to kill him! She reports him to the FBI. Somebody comes down to see her, we may have a love interest here, and she takes him to meet her grandma who survived the camp. That's as far as I've got. I condensed for you.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I started reading my way through the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child. It's an interesting read.

Just finished the Dark Protectors series by Rebecca Zanetti

Bruja Brouhaha - Rochelle Staab

Live Wire - Harlen Coben

Seventh Grave and No Body - Darynda Jones (part of a series)

Status
Not open for further replies.