What are you MORTALLY afraid of?

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't think of anything I am afraid of....

I swam with sharks in the ocean. Also swam with stingrays. Five foot sea turtles too. Jumped out of a plane at 10,000 feet.

I guess I am an adreniline junkie.

Drives my mom nuts! (I am 30 though so she has no say anymore).

Bobbie

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

oh, and that Burger King KING guy from the commericials.

That's mine! That and any of my client's husbands finding out where I live!

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I do not admit this anyone - and here I am doing it online (!!!!) - but there is not much that scares me - I have death often - but I am terrified of being buried alive.

I rather enjoy looking at snakes and spiders - they are just little things (well most of 'em anyway,lol) - and I have to admit while I do not fear clowns, I am not crazy about them either.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Driving......i do it alot but would prefer not to. If someone else can drive i let them. I am so deathly afraid of an accient..and people are so..stupid. sometimes..

Also.....funny enough..I am afraid of having a bad accdient on my horses...but it doesnt stop me from riding..alot..lol

daddycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm really afraid of three things: Heights, heights and heights. I've got it bad, even being on a little stepladder can freak me out. The funny thing is that I don't mind flying, I guess it's because I don't feel the height, being in a safe-looking cabin.

When you really think about it, no one is really afraid of heights, they're afraid of falling. Or maybe no one is really afraid of falling, they're afraid of landing!

zoe'n'misskitty

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am deathly afraid of snakes. Not to the point that I won't go into the woods or anything, but if I see one I have a panic attack. he other night when my BF and I were coming in, there was a harmless black snake on the stoop...I nearly hyperventilated.

My BF tried to get me to go sit in my truck while he shooed it away, but in my deranged state I wasn't thinking straight. lol So I made him run past the snake and go turn on the back porch light and unlock the back door so I could go around that way, but I decided it was too dark and there might be other snakes in the dark section of the grass.
So that was out. I stood there in the parking lot like a moron for about 5 minutes until the thing slithered away. Then I made a mad dash for the front door and we had a good laugh at my expense.

I'm also terrified of roller coasters. I went on The Racer at King's Island (tiny kiddie coaster), and my body went so tense that my chest hurt and felt like I was having a heart attack or something. I blacked out before it was over...I don't remeber getting off the ride. My BF says I didn't pass out, but the last thing I remember was thinking I was going to die, and then I was sitting at a table cryling like a 3-year-old. Which sucks becasue my BF LOVES coasters, and I can't share that with him.

me-n-my guys

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

CLOWNS!

oh, and that Burger King KING guy from the commericials.
Ewwww! That Burger king guy IS creepy! He looks like such a pervert.

I think the main thing I am afraid of is having someone break into my home &/or rape me. I would never be the same.
I'm also afraid of being eaten alive-it comes from watching zombie movies.

sooz123

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DaddyCat

I'm really afraid of three things: Heights, heights and heights. I've got it bad, even being on a little stepladder can freak me out. The funny thing is that I don't mind flying, I guess it's because I don't feel the height, being in a safe-looking cabin.

When you really think about it, no one is really afraid of heights, they're afraid of falling. Or maybe no one is really afraid of falling, they're afraid of landing!

My husband and I both are that way. Absolutely, completely, and entirely petrified of heights. We have high ceilings and we can barely muster the courage to get on the top rung of the step ladder to clean the fan.
Whenever it has to be done we can do it, we're just not very happy about it!

I think that's why we both love rollercoasters so much... LOTS of adrenaline in a controlled environment! The scariest ride ever was a tower that just shot you straight up about 75 feet, dangling you over the edge, hanging you for a couple of minutes and then plumeting back down without warning. That one was a bit much, though...

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
plants

it's my cousin's fault. And don't ya know I had a student give me one,,,it's in my co-workers office 'because it's the only office with a window.'

I don't do bugs or reptiles or rodents either.

ckblv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huge water bugs or roaches or whatever you call them. I FREAK out.
We had an infestation of them at work and I lost it. Needless to say the exterminator was called in quickly.

j171978

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to be terriffied of thunderstorms. I am much better now.

My only real fear right now is loosing someone I love or loosing my own life.

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pandybear

i am terrified of wasps, bee's and especialluy hornets

if there is a wasp ot hornet near the verandah i won't go out until it's gone.

if one fly's close to or after me i literally go cold and shivery and i feel sick, i know i shoudn't run but every instinct tells me i have to.

my worst memories are once when i went outisde and got bailed up by a hornet, i stayed in the shed for an hour fo it to leave

another time i went to hang out the washing and there must have been twenty damn hornets outside, i seriously nearly wet myself, i ran inside and couldn't stop shaking for ten minutes.

the last and worst encounter was last summer when my husband and i went for a walk, we came across one hornet and for some reason it kept flying after me, we were ages from home and had no car and boy did i freak! i screamed and ran from it and the thing kept chasing me

i felt sick for hours after i got home....

ii guess you could say i have a phobia...don't know what it's called though..
We should start a support group. I so afraid of of bees and wasps and hornets. Anything yellow, striped, with a stinger and flies around keep them away from me!

You just described how I feel when one comes near. I was in my car, ( thankfully the windows were up) and this giant bee kept trying to break into the car by banging into the window. I was freaking out.

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Actually I rmember something I am more afraid of than needles.......

and thats eyes.

not regular eyes.. from like people.. but.. eyes on posters, and pictures, and stuffed animals. Sometimes I swear on my clock that has a picture of a white panther on it, the eyes glow red.

I am not afraid of regular clowns, but I ABSOLUTELY cannot have ANYTHING even a tiny bit resembling a clown object in my room.

When I was younger my mom had clown things all over my room, and at night they would move back and forth on the wall. Sometimes I swear I heard people screaming "AAAAAAAAAAAH!" just as I woke up, but I never knew if it was in my dream or not. I became so terrifeid of clown objects on my wall taht I couldnt sleep. My mom eventually took them down.

I could also say I am terrified of the dark. I always sleep with my lizard's light on, and if I am feeling particularly strange, I turn on my bedroom light. I used to be afraid of closets but I've been keeping mine open so it doesnt bother me anymore. I cant have my door wide open when I sleep (my bed is right next to the door) because I imagine things slinking past the open door....

I do not like windows at dark either.... *shudders* I keep thinking people are looki8ng in at me but I cant look at them.

MoochNNoodles- Mind if I ask WHY you are afraid of plants??? Its kind of interesting to learn why people are afraid of things that most people arent afraid of (liek buttons and melons)

I am also terrifeid of my mother's room. I cant walk down the hallway to her room because of all the pictures on the wall, and I always feel strange in my mom's room if I go in her bathroom to get something. Her closet is half my problem, the fact that she has some collectable dolls in her room is the other. (cant STAND dolls at all! creepy!)

agent_haun

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am terrified of cockroaches. If I even see one I'll burst into tears! I know, pathetic.

And may I say my tarantula is devistated that so many people don't like her and her kind!