What are you MORTALLY afraid of?

bigorangemenace

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
:p My lizards are devistated people dont liek them either xD

I think its funny how people assume snakes are slimy and cold and gross.

They are actually warm and very silky.

I want a snake ^_^ Used to have one but it ran away. (not joking)

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heights, needles and this one is going to be SO weird for some of you but I will explain!

I am deathly terrified of geese! When I was little mom and dad used to take me to the duck pond to feed the duckys. Well I guess I was pecked by some geese and they would chase me and since then I HATE geese! Me and my best friend went for a bike ride one time and I saw geese on the side of the path and I almost crashed into the street trying to avoid them! Silly, I know, but SO true!

Courtney

arwen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I had to say anything I am afraid of.. it is spiders. And the feeling your stomach gets going downhill on a rollercoaster.. ha ha

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
over the past 5 years i would say ive change i cant stand to be in a elevator i start to panic i cant catch my breath,goes for the same at work when im in the freezer i half to prop the door open or i panic

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spheksophobia, eh? Well, I guess I'm a speksophobic, then... I have been terrified of wasps my entire life. I don't know why, I don't know how, and I don't know who, if anyone, started it, but I am terrified!

This is a story... it was a living nightmare for me!!!

I was once walking home from right next door. We lived next to my Aunt's house. Well, she moved out, and didn't mow before nor after she moved. So the grass was like... I don't know, three feet high in the back, two feet on the side, with one little path that our lawn mower somehow managed to get through enough to walk in.
Well, I had to go over there, because UPS left a package.... I got the package, and as I was walking back, I hear it..... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...... since I have a phobia of wasps and bees, mainly wasps, I looked around, and found nothing flying around my head, so I kept walking, and I hear it again, louder and longer..... BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......... YIKES! I started walking faster, and the buzzing kept going. My heart was racing because of how loud this buzz was! BZZZZZ.... sounding like it was right next to my head.... like it was surrounding my head! Then I see it...... this wasp, the size of an apple hovering up out of the grass!!!

It was what is known as a wood wasp. They burrow in the ground, and if you make one mad, you're in trouble. One of my other aunts once ran over a nest with a bush wacker.... she was going along, and here's a faint buzz... she turned around to see 20-30 wood wasps hovering up, and starting towards her. Needless to say, she put that bush wacker in HIGH gear!

I saw that wasp... at first, I froze, terrified..... the one phobia I have, and it has to be THIS! I took a deep breath.... I held it and didn't let go until I had run all the way in my house, to my bedroom. I breathed again. I came out, gave the package to my parents and said, "That's the LAST time I'm going over there! And I didn't go over there, til the lawn was mowed, my aunt's mobile home was moved, and my sister built a house there. I still will always remember that, though..... and I still refuse to go that way around my house to hers.... I go the long way instead.

4kids4cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The only time I was ever scared of a bee/wasp was when my daughter was about 4 years old. I was in the house and the kids were playing in the back yard. All of a sudden I heard my daughter at the door saying "MOM,MOM,MOM" not loud, but I could sense something wrong in her tone of voice. I ran to the door and looked at her. She was staring at her foot. I looked down and saw the largest bee I have ever seen on my daughter's sandal. I was afraid it would sting her. I got a shoe and knocked it off. She didn't get stung. I have always tried to teach my kids to remain calm if something bad happens. She listened to my advice. Thank goodness
Bees don't scare me unless they are about to hurt my kids.

Someone I worked with was scared of Clowns too.
And my ex father in law is scared to death of snakes.
My mom is too.
My brother once bought a Boa Constrictor (sp?) my mom refused to go in her own house for 3 hours. She just sat in the driveway and cried. She always let my brother get away with stuff like that, but never us girls. Oh well. He kept the snake for years. My mom grew to actually like the snake. Believe it or not. The snake got too big and my brother could no longer afford to feed it, so my sister took it to a pet store.

My brother in law is afraid of water and heights.

evnshawn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BigOrangeMenace

I am not afraid of regular clowns, but I ABSOLUTELY cannot have ANYTHING even a tiny bit resembling a clown object in my room.
I totally understand this. People painted up as clowns dont generally bother me, but clown dolls, pictures, etc., creep me out. I'm not terrified, mind you, just--creepified.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm an emetophobe. This is when you're terrified of vomiting... not necessarily you yourself, I can handle that, because generally i don't get much of a choice over it. I'm only worried about choking when ti's me.... but I have panic attacks and run away form the house if someone else vomits. If I get the chance, if someone vomits, I won't speak to them for ages afterwards, for fear of it happening again. I used to sleep downstairs when Alex was ill so that I didn't know if he was sick, i just came and cleaned up the mess. It's not the mess that's the problem... it's the action of someone vomiting that gets to me. It's completely irrational... I've done it all my life, and mum used to get really mad at me and tell me not to be silly, but now that it's identifiable as a phobia, it doesn't seem like it's such a stupid thing.

winwin

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My ex-wife was afraid of bugs of all kinds and one night she got up to go to the bathroom and she started whooping and screaming like WW-III, and I jumped straight up in bed, and what had happened, a rhino beetle somehow got on the TP roll and she wiped with it and the bug got in her fur and she was bouncing and yelling and pulling, trying to get the bug off.

The next morning there was enough hair all over the bathroom to build another bottom, almost.

My fear I guess is running afoul of some intransigent governmental agency.

Leonard.

gratefulbear629

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am terrified of bugs. While on our trip we stayed at a few camp grounds. We got there late and when I went in the room a cockroach had landed on me!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ran out of the cabin screaming like a banshee. I stayed away on "bug watch" as long as I could -- until about 4 or 4:30. I fell asleep for a little bit and as soon as I woke up I ran like hell to my car and slept there for the rest of the night.

The only bug that I can stand being near me is a lady bug. I used to be able to catch lightning bugs but now even the thought of touching them gives me chills.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm afraid of a couple of things..

- the dark
- water if I can't see the bottom, I'll panick if someone tries to pull me out further
- bugs..especially carpenter ants and centipedes!

prissykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband is afraid of the dark but he won't tell me why.

Any of you that are afraid of the dark, do you know why? I used to be when I was a kid but I grew out of it.

My husband can not sleep without a nightlight by the side of the bed, and he sleeps with a pillow over his head which I find -odd-

I can't sleep unless it's absolutely pitch black so sometimes I either have the blanket over my head or I have an eye mask.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Getting stuck in an elevator.
I got stuck in a lift once for about an hour. It was myself, my Nana, four of her friends and this gay guy. It was the time of our life. Absolutely hysterical! After about 45 minutes though we did start to panic.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elevators... unless I have to walk 10 stories... i wont get on one

&

Falling... I am not scared of heights or anything. I love rollercoasters, airplanes, whatever, but there is something about hitting the ground at a high rate of speed that doesnt sit well with me.(which would explain the elevators i guess)

save_adopt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I'm an emetophobe. This is when you're terrified of vomiting... not necessarily you yourself, I can handle that, because generally i don't get much of a choice over it. I'm only worried about choking when ti's me.... but I have panic attacks and run away form the house if someone else vomits. If I get the chance, if someone vomits, I won't speak to them for ages afterwards, for fear of it happening again. I used to sleep downstairs when Alex was ill so that I didn't know if he was sick, i just came and cleaned up the mess. It's not the mess that's the problem... it's the action of someone vomiting that gets to me. It's completely irrational... I've done it all my life, and mum used to get really mad at me and tell me not to be silly, but now that it's identifiable as a phobia, it doesn't seem like it's such a stupid thing.
goodness is that what its called? Im terrified of throwing up... mainly for myself, though i dont enjoy watching/ hearing other people eaither. My dad broke some bones and was on meds that made him sick, and since we all shared the tooth brush holder thing, i cried for like an hour and refused to brush my teeth that night until i got a new toothbrush the next day. My being afraid of throwing up turned me into a germaphobe and i would wash my hands till i bled. Not fun stuff.