What are you craving??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Anything at this point. I'm hungry this morning and that's not a good thing.

I am editing this post because, thanks to a certain someone on her apple thread (I won't mention any names--Mooch) but I would now kill for an apple cider donut.
Moi? 
  Don't worry; when DH came home last night I told him he better hurry up and eat the remaining 2 before I would!  I was serious too.  I'd have skipped dinner to eat those suckers.  I'm sitting here now eating raw baby carrots and hummus....wanting those donuts.  I'm down to 1 kid, who is napping, and the donuts are calling to me....the ghost of donuts past? 

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Moi? 
  Don't worry; when DH came home last night I told him he better hurry up and eat the remaining 2 before I would!  I was serious too.  I'd have skipped dinner to eat those suckers.  I'm sitting here now eating raw baby carrots and hummus....wanting those donuts.  I'm down to 1 kid, who is napping, and the donuts are calling to me....the ghost of donuts past? 
Oh man, donuts! 

Right now? I'm in the mood for a 3-layer white coconut cake with shreds of coconut between each layer and scads of white mountain frosting swirled around the cake. And then more coconut. I could put a pretty good dent in that thing right about now.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You start talking about cake and all I can see is a Black Forest Cake with some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream on the side.

But what I really want is a Babe's chicken fried steak.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Oh man, donuts! 

Right now? I'm in the mood for a 3-layer white coconut cake with shreds of coconut between each layer and scads of white mountain frosting swirled around the cake. And then more coconut. I could put a pretty good dent in that thing right about now.
I'll be wanting that coconut cake until Christmas Day dinner!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was craving date and nut loaf so I made date and walnut muffins. They weren't very nice but I ate them anyway. I no longer crave the loaf. I certainly won't ever crave those muffins either!!!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I could go for some watermelon or nut bread right now. For my breakfast I have licorice but I ate too much and got sick at the doctors office.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Lasagna. I really want lasagna. :nod:

karrecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Vanilla shortbread. Soft shortbread not hard and crunchy. Anyone have a good recipe?
This may be a little too late for your craving (and it probably belongs in the Recipe Exchange), but here's a favorite of mine:

Buttery Vanilla Shortbread

Ingredients

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 cup sugar

Pinch of salt

1 stick unsalted butter, melted

1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Steps
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and vanilla and pulse until evenly moistened. Turn the crumbs out onto a large piece of parchment paper and press into a disk.
  2. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough to a rough 8-by-11-inch rectangle. Discard the top sheet of parchment. Trim the edges to form a 7-by-10-inch rectangle. Slide the dough along with the parchment onto a large baking sheet. Using a straight edge and a sharp knife, score the dough into 24 bars. Poke the dough all over with a fork and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
  3. Bake the dough until golden, about 25 minutes. While the shortbread is still warm, cut it into bars. Let cool before serving.

Last edited:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may be a little too late for your craving (and it probably belongs in the Recipe Exchange), but here's a favorite of mine:

Buttery Vanilla Shortbread

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Steps
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and vanilla and pulse until evenly moistened. Turn the crumbs out onto a large piece of parchment paper and press into a disk.
  2. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough to a rough 8-by-11-inch rectangle. Discard the top sheet of parchment. Trim the edges to form a 7-by-10-inch rectangle. Slide the dough along with the parchment onto a large baking sheet. Using a straight edge and a sharp knife, score the dough into 24 bars. Poke the dough all over with a fork and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
  3. Bake the dough until golden, about 25 minutes. While the shortbread is still warm, cut it into bars. Let cool before serving.
Thank you so much KarreCat. I think I can feel a vanilla shortbread craving coming on;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I feel a mexican craving coming on! :lol3:

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was craving natural Greek yoghurt. I just had a lovely bowl of fresh fruit with the yoghurt- it wasn't terrible but it wasn't very nice either!!! The fruit was delicious.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I think I feel a mexican craving coming on!
Does that, by any chance, include tequila? As in a margarita? Because I would kill for a margarita right now.

I'm very depressed today, between my knee and a rotten headache. The tequila wouldn't make the headache go away, but it might help me deal with it a little easier.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Does that, by any chance, include tequila? As in a margarita? Because I would kill for a margarita right now.

I'm very depressed today, between my knee and a rotten headache. The tequila wouldn't make the headache go away, but it might help me deal with it a little easier.
If it does; I'm in!  I've been craving those!  My friend and I used to meet for lunch at a great Mexican restaurant.  No margaritas then though.  Not with the kids in tow and it just being for lunch.  She moved and I haven't found a new lunch buddy.  I save the margaritas for dinners there.

Mostly I just need the margarita.  I've never had hard liquor in the house so I can't "fix" this craving on my own.  I have mixed white wine in one of those Dole Shakers smoothie things.  half juice, half wine.  Not too bad; but tequila would be better. 

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I feel a mexican craving coming on! :lol3:
Oh this is too funny - read below.

Pam - :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :alright: and :vibes: for that headache and knee pain to go away. TOTALLY - a Margarita in my book solves most problems and the bigger the problem - the bigger the "extra" splash of tequila. :anon: :lol3:

-----------------------------

I am also craving Mexican food. Tostada to be specific. Thursday night's are 1/2 off margarita's at our favorite Mexican restaurant. So I have been craving ALL DAY LONG. Well - Larry :( just texted me saying he has to work late........ boo hoo :boohoo: might not make it to that restaurant after all. Such a shame...... :slant:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.