What are these white flakes in Rawz Rabbit Pate?

Sonnys_sonnet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
F6A14D48-98D8-44A6-8438-28207C8CDF4F.jpeg
0C9FDE64-0C91-4EA0-8507-C76593506E95.jpeg
I've been feeding my cat Rawz rabbit for about a month and a half. I picked up a few cans today from a local store, and when I served it for my cat I noticed A LOT of white flakes. When I picked the flakes out, some were a little bit sharp but crumbled. While others were large and didn't crumble. This is concerning as i'm pretty sure these flakes wouldn't be healthy/safe for cats to swallow (especially since some are big, sharp, and/or hard).
I've seen white flakes in other foods in the past and always assumed it was bone. I've never seen them this big or sharp in other foods though. Are these flakes perhaps bones? Is it safe to feed my cat this food? Is anyone else experiencing this with Rawz food?
(I should note my local pet store was struggling to receive the Rawz rabbit for a couple of weeks. They had ordered it but it wasn't being sent out. So perhaps there were some issues behind the scene at Rawz that's now causing these food "impurities.")

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know that brand of food. Whenever I saw those bits in wet cat food, I always figured it was bone. Sometimes they grind it in for added calcium. That's my thought, but I really don't know for sure - just what I've always assumed.

CHIKITTIES

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats were eating rabbit pate almost exclusively for few years, but needed to give up due to lots of bones in recent batches They stopped eating. We made complete transition earlier this year, in April.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sonnys_sonnet Sonnys_sonnet , have you tried calling the manufacturer and asking them about it? I would do that, and offer to show them your pictures.