what antivirus software program do you use

rockinrhonda

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was using Symantecâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s Norton SystemWork 2005 But when i got my new computer i never installed it again I still have a open account
right now im using [etrust EZ aramor] from road runner its free
But im thinking of going back to norton Im able to do more stuff like Optimizes file storage for faster hard drive performance identify and fix common PC problems I dont have that with etrust and believe me i do get problems

so how do you fill about your (antivirus software program)

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norton. I think it's 2004 that I have, and I've been satisfied. Rob had some issues with an earlier version (I think 2003), and wasn't getting satisfactory answers from their tech people, so he switched to PC-cillin, which he's happy with. I'll soon need to renew my NAV subscription, so will probably look more closely at PC-cillin before I do, in case there's reason to change.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We use BitDefender, which is the absolute best we have found. I have Symantec/Norton at work, and we always get updates and notices at home sooner than I ever have with Norton - sometimes by DAYS! Personally, I can't stand Norton - it just isn't that good. If I had to choose between Norton and McAfee, I would definitely go with McAfee.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use AVG Free version. It updates automatically and I've never had a problem.

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
AVG all the way-- updates on its own and is FREE_- been using it for severalyears with no problems and none of those danged popups telling me my subscription is going to expire! UGHHH i hate norton and mcafee!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AVG all the way here too......had one of the two named a couple of years ago and had a virus that it couldn't find....AVG found and fixed it...I've been hooked ever since!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AVG definately rocks. I've been using it for about two years now, and I love it! They're making it harder to find the free version, but its there if you're just using it at home, just gotta look for it!

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I use AVG Free. My computer guy doesn't like Norton or McAfee.

Amber

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use AVG also. My Computer came with McAfee. When it expired, I found it to be too expensive, and found AVG. I like AVG better, to be honest.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neither, I use Antivir. Free and IMO better than Norton, which I previously had. A perfect combination with ZoneAlarm free firewall.