What an awesome early Christmas surprise!!!!!!!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can tell how excited you are by all the
s &
s in your first post!

I hope you get him...we had a black lab/german shep X when I was younger. I grew up with that dog. She was born exactly one month after I was. She died when we were both 15....exactly 1 month after her 15th birthday. She was the best darn dog that ever lived.....

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nikki, she hasn't found a home yet.
She's a hound, not a beagle but beagles are hounds, too.
if she isnt' adopted by the 16th which I hope she is.. (there's an adoption event that day) I think I will take her. I don't know what is wrong with people. she's a sweetie!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I can tell how excited you are by all the
s &
s in your first post!

I hope you get him...we had a black lab/german shep X when I was younger. I grew up with that dog. She was born exactly one month after I was. She died when we were both 15....exactly 1 month after her 15th birthday. She was the best darn dog that ever lived.....
Awww...your rainbow bridge dog sounds like she was such a sweetheart.
/ I am definitely excited about the potential to adopt Digger- he sounds like such a sweetheart! I can't wait to see the little guy! I just hope all goes well with the introductions as far as fosters and the kittens goes. Fosters is a great dog and gets along with just about everything- he loves other dogs, so i'm hoping this new dog gets along well with him too.

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Nikki, she hasn't found a home yet.
She's a hound, not a beagle but beagles are hounds, too.
if she isnt' adopted by the 16th which I hope she is.. (there's an adoption event that day) I think I will take her. I don't know what is wrong with people. she's a sweetie!
Awwwww! Wouldn't it be nice if you got to adopt her!

Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

How exciting!! I hope eveerything works out for you!
I know! I'm estatic- i really can't wait to see him.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love how you called him a "little guy"!
I have always thought the bigger the better. Little dogs aren't worth all the trouble they are!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I love how you called him a "little guy"!
I have always thought the bigger the better. Little dogs aren't worth all the trouble they are!
I never thought about that, i guess i do call them that a lot. It's because i call my foster boys "little guys" and fosters is always hanging around them, so i call him that too, although he's huge
/ I'm sure this new pup is gonna be around fosters size since he's a shepherd mix
I can't wait to see him!!!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Awww...your rainbow bridge dog sounds like she was such a sweetheart.
/ I am definitely excited about the potential to adopt Digger- he sounds like such a sweetheart! I can't wait to see the little guy! I just hope all goes well with the introductions as far as fosters and the kittens goes. Fosters is a great dog and gets along with just about everything- he loves other dogs, so i'm hoping this new dog gets along well with him too.

Awwwww! Wouldn't it be nice if you got to adopt her!
It would be nice, Nikki. I could foster her but I think she'd jump our fence. the shelter pays for everything but I am just afraid Jenny would be too dominant.
we can't afford another animal anyways and we are at our limit. if only..
I am sure if I take her to the adoption event someone will fall in love. I sure hope someone does. how could you resist this sweet face?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It would be nice, Nikki. I could foster her but I think she'd jump our fence. the shelter pays for everything but I am just afraid Jenny would be too dominant.
Well, keep your chin up
Maybe she'll find a home at the adoption day. How do ya'll normally do your adoption days? Do you show both puppies and adults together, do you show more than one animal that day? Let me know what ya'll normally do, I might be able to give you some ideas....when we do our adoption days, we always pick out one animal that's been there the longest or is just urgent for a home- tell the other volunteers, and all day long we push for that one to get adopted...works like a charm normally

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, keep your chin up
Maybe she'll find a home at the adoption day. How do ya'll normally do your adoption days? Do you show both puppies and adults together, do you show more than one animal that day? Let me know what ya'll normally do, I might be able to give you some ideas....when we do our adoption days, we always pick out one animal that's been there the longest or is just urgent for a home- tell the other volunteers, and all day long we push for that one to get adopted...works like a charm normally
we set up crates for the cats/kittens and the young puppies we just put in a crate (just since they haven't had their shots yet..if that makes sense and we don't want them to pick up anything in a public area since this town is nitorious for parvo) and we do try to get the ones that have been there the longest and the ones that are more likely not to get adopted out there. the girl scouts will be there but I am not sure if they are taking dogs or not. I did take Memphis to Quality Supply and she did really well but the people weren't serious about adopting her.
Dutch has been there since May and recently got adopted so it can work for Memphis, too. she's been there since October 17th.
I hope I made sense here.
and I wish we had tons more volunteers to help out at the shelter but we don't.
I wish more people would step up to the plate and volunteer.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You know, hounds are "troublemakers" for most people because they simply are not prepared for them. I know we got a dog surrendered at the shelter here a year ago that they bought as a "cute" Beagle puppy....but they didn't realize that he would chase their cats, bay, & follow his nose right out of the yard! Hounds are tough to adopt out, although Beagles ahve the advantage of the smaller size. People prefer the specific breeds, too. Like when they are labeled "hound X", they are less adoptable than when they are labeled "Beagle X"(in case you didn't notice, a Beagle is the only hound I can think of!).

Sorry to hijack Nikki. Krista, if you take the dog to the adoption day, dress her up cute, give her a fancy collar....maybe go for somethign related to the holidays. Mention as much as you can that she is longing for a home of her own for the holidays & a fireplace to warm herself by. Play up the holiday coming & she lacking that loving home as much as possible. It worked for me to place a kitten last night!

ETA: Is Memphis a girl or a boy?

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yeah, I get what you mean. I have a hound and he is the best dog you could ask for..(he's a treeing walker coonhound/english coonhound) yes he barks a lot but we knew what we were getting ourselves into as we had a basset hound years ago. they are just couch potatos really..Buster is. lol, Jenny doesn't need a home. Jenny is my dog.
Memphis is a girl.
I misread sorry.
I was thinking of doing that, too! thanks so much for the idea!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

we set up crates for the cats/kittens and the young puppies we just put in a crate (just since they haven't had their shots yet..if that makes sense and we don't want them to pick up anything in a public area since this town is nitorious for parvo) and we do try to get the ones that have been there the longest and the ones that are more likely not to get adopted out there. the girl scouts will be there but I am not sure if they are taking dogs or not. I did take Memphis to Quality Supply and she did really well but the people weren't serious about adopting her.
Dutch has been there since May and recently got adopted so it can work for Memphis, too. she's been there since October 17th.
What our shelter normally does when host an adoption day at another location, such as a pet store, is we take the adult animals only, and the ones who have been there the longest/need the home the most. We only take maybe 3 at the most when we do adult adoption day. That way, people aren't distracted by the cute little pups and kittens, and the adult dogs /cats really have a chance to shine and get the attention that they deserve. We've had more success doing our adoption days that way than we have combining both puppies and adult dogs...the puppies get homes every time and the adults are always overlooked. Maybe you could mention trying an adult animal adoption day with your shelter? Just a thought. I hope all goes well with little Memphis. If i were closer, i'd take her in a hearbeat.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sorry to hijack Nikki.
No problem at all!
Anything any of ya'll can think of to try and help Krista rehome little Memphis into a good new home is welcome in this thread

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What our shelter normally does when host an adoption day at another location, such as a pet store, is we take the adult animals only, and the ones who have been there the longest/need the home the most. We only take maybe 3 at the most when we do adult adoption day. That way, people aren't distracted by the cute little pups and kittens, and the adult dogs /cats really have a chance to shine and get the attention that they deserve. We've had more success doing our adoption days that way than we have combining both puppies and adult dogs...the puppies get homes every time and the adults are always overlooked. Maybe you could mention trying an adult animal adoption day with your shelter? Just a thought. I hope all goes well with little Memphis. If i were closer, i'd take her in a hearbeat.
we don't have a pet store besides Quality Supply to take them to. there is a closed down store at the mall they always let us use that building for adoption events and spay and neuter clinics. that is a good idea.. I agree the puppies and kittens get homes faster than adult cats and dogs.
yeah, I could do that. I know you would!
I wish you were closer. I just really hope she finds a home soon. She isn't in any danger, but hounds don't do well in shelters.
I seriously wish I could adopt her.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

we don't have a pet store besides Quality Supply to take them to. there is a closed down store at the mall they always let us use that building for adoption events and spay and neuter clinics. that is a good idea.. I agree the puppies and kittens get homes faster than adult cats and dogs.
yeah, I could do that. I know you would!
I wish you were closer. I just really hope she finds a home soon. She isn't in any danger, but hounds don't do well in shelters.
I seriously wish I could adopt her.
Good luck!
Maybe ya'll will have a little more luck doing seperate adoption days for adult animals and for younger animals
/ She will be just fine until she finds a home
She has lots of people who love and care for her looking after her....that's much more than many animals have

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yeah, I get what you mean. I have a hound and he is the best dog you could ask for..(he's a treeing walker coonhound/english coonhound) yes he barks a lot but we knew what we were getting ourselves into as we had a basset hound years ago. they are just couch potatos really..Buster is. lol, Jenny doesn't need a home. Jenny is my dog.
Memphis is a girl.
I misread sorry.
I was thinking of doing that, too! thanks so much for the idea!
Yeah, I edited it b/c I used the name Jenny, not Memphis.
After I re-read your post I went "whoops! wrong doggie name!"

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that's okay!!
I will definately keep you both updated on Memphis.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, now i'm going nutso!! I wanna see the new doggie! Waiting stinks! I have no idea when Colin and the other guy are planning this little meeting....(those guys are aweful at arranging things
)