What a bombshell to drop on me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Someday I could have kids, but my mom will not accept that I may never have kids. It's something she's always been pushy about. My little sore spot. I'd like her to accept that I may not have kids, but even if she doesn't.....I sure am not going to have kids just for her! I think one SIL & bro have their baby things will be much better, she's just getting old & wants grandkids NOW!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tell her you need to get old enough to date before you can think about kids?
(yea yea i know you are old enough, just tell her that)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

tell her you need to get old enough to date before you can think about kids?
(yea yea i know you are old enough, just tell her that)
I've never even been on a date before!
I wonder if she thinks I can reproduce asexually(sp?)?

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

lol well, ask her if she wants to you get married first, or will any male do?

i remember i once told my grandmother i was gay cause she always was bugging me about getting married(hmm i dont think she beleaved me, but she did stop bugging me about getting married)

green bunny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Just ask her what street corner she'd recommend you to stand on in order to get her grandchildren AND the money for their college educations!

No offense, but your mother is nuts to want you to start thinking about having kids at age 20! She should be thanking her lucky stars that she had a daughter smart enough to avoid an unplanned teenage pregnancy. Like I said, I'm 24, and my mother is still celebrating the fact that my sister and I didn't get ourselves knocked up, and she's happy she doesn't have any biological grandchildren (she now has a step-granddaughter who is 12).

I understand your frustration; it's none of her business at all whether you decide to have children or not. Even if you did have children, that is no guarantee that she would be allowed to have anything to do with the child.

If she brings up the subject again, you should flat out tell her that you feel it is none of her business and you will not be discussing it with her from here on out. Then if she brings it up again, ignore her and change the subject or leave the room.

Tricia

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom used to nag me about having kids - I got married 5 years before my sister. At the start we weren't ready, then we had fertility issues. Whenever my mom, gramma or grand aunt asked me I'd give them the same reply "if I wanted to hear the pitterpatter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cats".

We wanted kids, but never thought that we would have them due to my fertility issues - now I have 2. Whatever you decide - your cats are your kids!!!