Wet vs Dry - The Epic Debate

Status
Not open for further replies.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ducman69

Fair enough, but most wet food does have veggies in it. In fact, I doubt even 1% of what you see on the shelves at Petco or Petsmart is completely devoid of plant matter, as I imagine it'd be in the premium food isle and I check that all the time and have never seen it. Nor is 0% plantmatter good IMO. And thanks to advances in processing, quality kibble is now baked and not extruded and no longer requires much in starches to stay cohesive as you can see in the ultra-low carb kibbles in this thread.
All 6 flavors of Before Grain, By Nature chicken, Evo, and several other brands are all grain, potato, pea, etc free. And you can get all of them besides By Nature at Petco.

I'm still confused as to how you can be putting the food away and yet also claim that wet food is available at all times. My cats can't get into the fridge, so I don't think I'm alone in the confusion.
*facepalm* Dish A is put out. Grim eats. Dish A is put in fridge. Dish B is put out. Dish B is put in fridge, Dish A is put out. Not that complicated.

Uhhh, yeah it can. Beef jerky is usually good for about 6-8 months for example. My bonito flakes have a shelf life of a year right there on the package. Dried meat lasts a very long time, especially if you add extra natural preservatives (I don't like artificial stuff like BHA added) as is done in quality kibble. This isn't a secret, go to Petsmart and look at the shelf-life of dry food. You don't have to use that stuff in a week... come on now, heheh.
Beef jerky is Quite different from kibble. Also 'shelf life' applies to air-tight sealed food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Minka

All 6 flavors of Before Grain, By Nature chicken, Evo, and several other brands are all grain, potato, pea, etc free. And you can get all of them besides By Nature at Petco.
I didn't say none exist, I said its not the norm for commercial wet food. FACT: the overwhelming majority of can food has a few veggies in there, just like low-carb grain-free kibble. BTW, I feed By Nature Turkey which has plant matter in it (beans and seaweed stuff IIRC) and Evo I know has carrots and apples and sunflower in there. There's nothing wrong with it, you are worrying over nothing. Cats eating those premium foods are very healthy and active.
Originally Posted by Minka

Beef jerky is Quite different from kibble. Also 'shelf life' applies to air-tight sealed food.
Ugh, please before spreading misinformation call Wellness, Blue Buffalo, or any of the others and ask them if you have to finish a 15 pound bag of kibble in a week. Cmon now...

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I didn't say none exist, I said its not the norm for commercial wet food. FACT: the overwhelming majority of can food has a few veggies in there, just like low-carb grain-free kibble. BTW, I feed By Nature Turkey which has plant matter in it (beans and seaweed stuff IIRC) and Evo I know has carrots and apples and sunflower in there. There's nothing wrong with it, you are worrying over nothing. Cats eating those premium foods are very healthy and active.
The Evo wet foods do not, no. I made sure to look up the ingredients before I said anything, and Evo wet does Not contain any vegetables.
I also never said they wouldn't be. I have just been disagreeing/trying to prove wrong things you have said. .. ;P

Ugh, please before spreading misinformation call Wellness, Blue Buffalo, or any of the others and ask them if you have to finish a 15 pound bag of kibble in a week. Cmon now...
I never said that either. I said they had to be sealed from air. Meaning bag clipped shut/rolled up/in a sealed plastic container, etc. Not sitting inside a dispenser. Which is not air-tight because as the food goes down, the container fills with air.

minka

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1501

EVO Turkey & Chicken Formula
Canned Cat and Kitten Food
- carrots, carrageenan, apples, guar gum, inulin, sunflower oil... all veggies.

Wait a sec, I just now realized you're the black panther person...
http://www.petfooddirect.com/product...anned-Cat-Food
http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1664
http://www.petfooddirect.com/product...anned-Cat-Food
http://www.evopet.com/products/default.asp?id=1711

I was talking about the 95% kind. They are all free of any peas, carrots, potatoes, etc.

Also, come on. Guar gum? A veggie? It's a powder that barely resembles the seed it used to come from and only is there as a thickening agent. Be reasonable.

And no.. that's montif or whatever the fudge his name is. Please pay attention, it's not making you look very smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.