Wet foods known not to be manufactured by Menu

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Recipe is made by del monte ... so it should be safe ... i didnt put it as much of it has "?? able " s:0
I saw they didn't have the best ingredients, but it's about all I can get for the kits to eat for now....I'm putting in an order tomorrow for Merricks.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's the link for the Whiskas website. Believe it or not, they are actually made by the some company that makes Mars and Snickers candy bars. Anyway, they STILL say their pet food is safe for dogs and cats.

http://www.whiskas.com/default.aspx?a=y

The recent nationwide pet food recall initiated by Menu Foods and other companies does not include any Mars Petcare US pet food products. All of our brands, including PEDIGREE® and CESAR® food for dogs, and WHISKAS® and SHEBA® food for cats, are safe for pets to enjoy.

The safety and nutritional quality of our pet food is our top priority because for many people, their pets are their top priorities.

For details on the recall, contact Menu Foods at 1-866-895-2708 or visit the company's web site at: www.menufoods.com/recall

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very suspisious of a web site that says only that their food is not part of the recall. Has anyone called Del Monte to verify that?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I am very suspisious of a web site that says only that their food is not part of the recall. Has anyone called Del Monte to verify that?
No call s but that is what an email said and there site... Unlike some companies Del monte has the same info no matter what source ...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a phone call to the number on the back of the Meow Mix Packages, and there is a recording by Del Monte that says the same thing that their email said. I think we can assume that Del Monte products are safe.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw that eagle pack wet was considered a safe food and not manufactured at a menu foods plant, but after an email and a phone call to a customer service rep it seems that all DRY cat food is made at thier site and all WET FOOD IS MADE AT A MENU FOODS SITE but are not included in the recall. this mess is unbelievable. i'm still waiting for a call from Friskies as that is what I was feeding my cats til the recall then I switched to Eagle pack which i will now return as i dont want anything that comes out of menu foods.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The realty is that the pet food industry is badly broken.

We need simple truth about what is going on.

Our fur children's lives are at stake.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

The realty is that the pet food industry is badly broken.

We need simple truth about what is going on.

Our fur children's lives are at stake.
AMEN ... it is starting to look like the Pharmacutical industry

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

I made a phone call to the number on the back of the Meow Mix Packages, and there is a recording by Del Monte that says the same thing that their email said. I think we can assume that Del Monte products are safe.
Unfortunately, I don't think we can assume anything anymore. If they are only saying that their food is not part of the recall - it's probably made at a Menu plant and they're skirting that issue.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I started a separate thread with this information but will post here also in order to get the widest possible exposure.

I spoke to a Natura rep this morning. Their canned food is manufactured by Menu Foods in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The facility in Nebraska mentioned in their statement is used only for dry food. The second facility owned by Natura is in San Leandro, California and is used to manufacture treat products. The rep emailed me the official company statement regarding the recall. Here's the statement.

Here is the statement we just spoke about:

Natura Pet Products owns and operates two manufacturing facilities, including a new, state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Fremont, Nebraska. Our plants are AIB Certified “Superior”, Organic Certified, USDA APHIS Registered and ISO 9001:2001 compliant. Natura does utilize Menu Foods to manufacture canned products; however, Natura maintains final review and strict approval of all formulation designs, including the types and quality of ingredients included. Menu Foods is responsible for quality control in its facilities, based upon their Good Manufacturing Practice process; a copy of which is on file in our offices. Natura has a complete and documented Product Quality reference on hand detailing the quality standards for each formula and can size produced under Natura’s labels. Each of our canned products are routinely reviewed and compared to the standards set out in this reference material. It is important to emphasize that: 1) the Menu Foods recall is specific to “cuts and gravy” products WHICH NATURA DOES NOT SELL, and; 2) Natura’s canned products are made at a facility which has NOT BEEN IMPLICATED IN THE RECALL. Since being notified of the recall, Natura has been in direct contact with Menu Foods management and have a 100% confidence level that our canned products in the market are healthful and safe.

Sharon Holden

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankyou soo much everyone for all of the wonderful information and links. I have found them to be very helpfull after reading through this thread.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Every time I think about this recall I just want to cry. There are not words for how thankful I am that Maggie is picky about wet food. I was irritated at the time, but I just want to kiss her for decideing that Nutro wet was not good enough for her anymore & kiss all of them for loving Natural balance so much.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by manyfourpaus

What about Fancy Feast. I did not se it on the recal list
FF is by purina which only recalled one type of there dog food ....