Wet Food Struggle

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just an update-

KeKe has lost a pound so far on her prescription dry food!  She still will only eat canned food once or twice a week-and only a few bites.  She seems much less stressed out since we took a break from the daily wet food struggle.  I am still giving her the freeze dried raw as well which she just loves.  Hopefully this will keep working for her and then we can give the canned food another go!
That's great news that she's lost some weight, is eating a bit of canned food, and loves the freeze-dried raw food! And the reduced stress is a fine bonus!

Anything's a plus at this point, if you're able to slowly start shifting the balance toward a tiny bit more canned and/or freeze-dried food. Maybe she'll even decide she'll eat the freeze-dried food with water. (If KeKe's even half as fickle as our cats, anything's possible!
)

psychomama

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Miss Mindy I feel your pain. I too have an 8 year old who clearly prefers dry. I offer both at the same time and he will eat the wet along with the dry. He actually eats more if I put both down at the same time as opposed to just wet. My vet suggested Orijen since it is loaded with protein. He eats 3 T of dry a day and if I'm lucky an ounce of wet . He is only 9 lbs so that is good for him .I also got him a fountain which he is good about drinking from. Don t beat yourself up. Do only what you can do and what and what she ll accept. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Best of luck...