Went Back To Feeding The Chipmunks, Birds , Squirrels Etc. Wish Me Luck For No Rats Again!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
I have BIG chipmunks here that tore my feeder down. I'm afraid to put it back up!:eek: QUOTE]

Some years ago I had a heavy metal feeder chained to my deck because raccoons kept stealing it. Then one evening while I was in bed I hear what sounded like a bear’s heavy breathing coming down my drive. In the morning I told a family member that I thought I had heard a bear in the yard and they didn’t believe me because we had never had a bear in my part of town. But then I noticed feeder
had been crushed and twisted like a aluminum can. Most definitely a only bear could have done that.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Eek, I feel so bad. I just caused the death of one of my chipmunks. I have been trying to mouse proof the garage and finished the work yesterday. So this afternoon I set a couple of mousetraps to see if I was keeping them out. But I was running in and out and forgot to shut the garage door. Carried out some trash and there was my chipmunk dead in the mouse trap. I feel terrible.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't use those traps. They are cruel no matter what you are trying to catch. They have live traps you can use. Mice are living things and feel pain as much as any other animal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't use those traps. They are cruel no matter what you are trying to catch. They have live traps you can use. Mice are living things and feel pain as much as any other animal.
Yes I used a humane one years ago, just put some peanut butter and nuts in it and caught a few field mice and released them in the woods, I can't kill anything even bugs....