Well all we have some news!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

I absolutely agree with this. You've had the puppy a few days but the cats for months? I am so sorry you have been put in the position where you have to make this decision but I am personally shocked and upset about how easily you seem to be able to say 'we'll just have to rehome the cats'............I just don't understand why you got 4 cats if this was going to be the case, without even planning on having a baby. Getting an animal is something that needs to be thought through and slept on for a great deal of time and not a rash decision.
Who's going to train and walk the pup when theres a baby around?
I agree. I, too, am shocked and upset by this news! It is extremely difficult to fathom. One consideration that must be made before taking an animal into our lives is that of financial responsibility. Yes we all have the odd occasion of tight purse strings, but we usually get by with loans from family or friends.

It appears - to me - that no concideration was made to any of the choices that you've been making recently, a kind of instant gratification - that most of us grew up without.

In regards to the dog. Yes, he will need to be neutered. And trained. And walked very regularly. Will this be possible with a baby in the home?

Once again, excuse my negativity, but animals are my main concern here.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel like you two are probably feel like you are getting a little beat up by us. I apologize for that. If you think that you wouldn't be able to care for all your animals and give them the love and attention that they will need then by all means please find them a family that will love them. I agree with everyone who is saying that puppies are more work. Yes they are. Your doctor is WRONG about the cat and pregnancy thing. I know two women (my sister and a good friend) that are both pregnant and both have cats and have had no problems. Jason just needs to take over the poopy patrol.

Whatever you decide we will be here to support you. We know that you two will make the best decision for you and your fur family!! Best of luck to you both through this tough time!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It appears that the decision has been made by Tara and Jason to rehome their cats. There isn’t anything more that can be said, that hasn’t already been said. We can only hope that this situation teaches the importance of decision making when bringing animals into the home.

The message that has been delivered here is the correct one, though. Above all else, TheCatSite is a cat welfare board, and the welfare of the animals comes first here. Sometimes the correct message can be painful to read by the recipient, no matter how nicely it is delivered. Cats and dogs are living beings that need to be planned for, and the commitment to that animal should never be taken lightly.

We wish Tara and Jason luck in finding good forever homes for their pets.

TCS Moderating Team

Status
Not open for further replies.