weird scar/bumps in a line on the back of cats legs?

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
So, when I picked Jasper up a few weeks ago I noticed he had a line of scar like bumps on his leg going sort of in a line. Around that time I suspected we had a flea issue, so I chalked it up to that. But they aren't going away. They aren't getting bigger, I don't think, but it's just still there and I noticed it's on both legs. Almost like a pattern, it goes down the same length. I can't see it because of his darn fur though. They feel like scarred bumps. That's the best way I can describe it, but the placement and the fact that they go down both sides is confusing. Has anyone had experience with anything like this before???

He's totally fine, for the record. I don't think this is emergent or anything, but I'm curious.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If it is on his back legs only, and seem to be pretty symmetrical, it could be from how cats sit and can be from normal 'wear' in that area. If you think it is more than that, get a pic of it and share it here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi. If it is on his back legs only, and seem to be pretty symmetrical, it could be from how cats sit and can be from normal 'wear' in that area. If you think it is more than that, get a pic of it and share it here.
Well! I wasn't able to get a picture. Jasper doesn't seem to like being held down while I shift through his fur to try and see. I did however manage to see that these are not lumps or bumps, but rather raised scars on his skin.

I'm at an absolute loss as to what could have left perfectly even scars on both sides of his legs though

Edit: He's never been hurt, never bled. The scars had to have been from before we got him