Weird Or Normal Mother Cat Behaviour

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be an umbilical hernia. A vet will need to take a look, but it can be fixed during her spay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fostermum97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took her to the vet today, and he said that she’s just got a large belly button, and that it’s only noticeable because she’s small. Is this a normal thing? Or is the vet clueless?

Fostermum97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah we go to a different vet for vaccinations and check ups so we’ll be checking with them as well.

Fostermum97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, so it was an umbilical hernia. She has since been desexed and the hernia taken care of. Problem is now, while she was getting all of this done, she had to stay with another foster career for about a week (the vet was a fair distance away, and it was back and forth consultations). She’s come back today, and her Mum is hissing at her. She hates being myself, so right now she’s just crying, but I worried about putting her with her Mum, just in case.
She goes to her new home on Friday, but it’s tuesday today so I need to come up with a solution for the next few days.
I have a feeling it’s the cone that’s putting Sia off, but Whitney’s stitches look a little swollen, so there’s no way I’m taking it off, except when she needs to eat.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw. She probably smells different, and you need to do a reintroduction. Since you only have a limited time, I would just keep them separate. You can take turns letting them out.

Fostermum97

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I spoke too soon hahaha, I have a tendency of worrying before I have to.
Sia isn’t hissing anymore, and Whitney has managed to get some milk off of her, even with the cone on. Sia does get a bit annoyed at her, but I think that’s because she’s trying to wean her off the milk.

Thanks everyone for answering all my concerns over the last month or so. My babies are all grown up now and while Prince already went to his new home a couple of days ago, I’ve got to let Bruno, Ed and Whitney go on Friday, pretty sure I’m going to cry :( It’s bittersweet, and I know all of the new owners are going to love them to bits.