Weird human food enjoyed by Cats

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy is strictly a cat-food type of cat, although he does like the occasional piece of chicken, turkey or roast beef.

Linus on the other hand has some interesting eating habits...His favorite thing is bean sprouts, followed closely by broccoli, green beans and bananas.

Silly cat..

megan70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my 2 LOVE a baked dinner! i always put on extra and chop it up, all the trimmings too, cauliflower/brocc in cheese sauce, veg, meat rararara yum...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Battery would eat ANYTHING. From broccoli to bread crumbs. Whatever he could get his little mouth on. He was our vacuum and cleanup crew.

spyral

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Holden absolutely adores olives! He goes nuts when I open the jar. Spanish iloves with the pimento in them. Weird little guy!

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jack will eat darn near anything... I call him my little Hoover Kitty.

JoJo is usually more discriminating... but she does have one odd human food: Hummus. Yep, healthy stuff... I have no stinkin' clue why... but she'll lick it off my finger. she doesn't go nuts over it, but will have a few licks when offered.

As for chocolate and cats. Obviously if one ate actual chocolate, yes, get them to the vet, ASAP. But once Jack (I know this because he's the trouble maker) got into a plate of brownies sitting on my kitchen counter. he ate HALF a brownie (not a small chunk either). Once i realized what had happened, I called a vet. the girl was going back and forth between me and the vet behind her. it was Sunday, so I couldn't call my normal one. They said to keep watch on him... both of them, in case JoJo got into it. Nothing happened. What they said was that since it was mixed with other things, like flour and such, that it would be more likely to just make them hurl and get a nasty tummy ache... They said to watch them for a few hours... and if either was showing signs of distress, to bring them in... nothing happened.
Now, before i get chewed out, I'm not endorsing letting your kitties have any form of chocolate... but if it's not pure chocolate (like a Hershey's bar... not like THAT's 'pure' either, but it's closer than a brownie), to just keep an eye on them for a while...

needless to say, Jack is certainly watched more... little brat-child of mine. He once nibbled on a NEW loaf of banana nut bread that I'd just bought from a bake sale... cannot leave anything out with him snooping.

Amanda

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Limerick will only eat tuna and his cat food. I have offered him turkey, chicken and other kinds of fish, but he just sniffs it.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cindy, who will turn up her nose at just about all people food, will snarf up potato chip crumbs DH has dropped on the floor. I don't think this is good for her, so DH and I have had a few words about his sloppy eating habits.

I don't know if this is weird, but Swanie just about climbed up my leg when I cooked a ham.

hammyandwaf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
about the only thing squishy likes to eat is the milk from strawberry frosted mini wheats. most everything she will smell but choses not to eat.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Zoey will lick anything but will actually eat ... butter , turkey and tuna

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neither of my cats eat human food, but after Keith had finished a slice of honeydew, Ares jumped up and licked it for a long time with his eyes closed.
Bizarre, but if we ever have honeydew, we let Ares lick the rind

chrissie42

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittens are 5 months old now and they enjoy fresh chicken, but their favourite is HAM ......they wait by the fridge if they think they might get lucky!!

Chrissie Jinj & Jodi

momtokiefer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Kiefer loves french fries...Steak and Shake are his favorites but he'll eat almost any of them. It's funny too because he only likes one kind of dry food and 2 kinds of kitty treats but he loves him some fries.

kittyl0ve4

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Monster isnt big on human food at all..but he likes to lick cream cheese off of my finger when im having a bagel & he likes vanilla ice crea(again, small amounts licked off my finger). i actually used to say Monster wouldnt eat human food,bc when offered he would just sniff it not eat it. then i caught him with his face in a bowl of macaroni & cheese. & we also caught him eating buttered noodles off of a plate...

Mittens will eat anything if you let her. so we have to watch when food is out on the counters, bc within seconds she will be there sampling everything.

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kitten Bonnie, started eating some passionfruit that I dropped on the floor the other day. She's also partial to brown bread.

My cat at home in England, Lily, will eat anything, when my mother is eating her muesli in the morning, Lily will keep putting her paw out to try and steal bits of oats etc, she has actually tried to climb onto the bowl.
Also, she loves to lick tomato ketchup off your plate too, and just about anything else too. I miss Lily :~(

mom_to_four

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cubby is also a lettuce lover. He will eat anything I eat.

Rachel on the other hand only likes ham juice.