Purraise
As of today i didn't count any points but i did watch my
portion sizes and ate 6 small meals a day the way my
Doctor said to do.
She kinda frowmed when she heard that im only allowed
20 points a day then suggested i just watch my portion
sizes and walk 30 minutes a day.

I have my meeting tomorrow at noon and im gonna
try the Core Plan and see how that works for me.
Some plans work well for others and some don't.
Hopefully the Core plan is for me.

I don't know anyone with a Debt or CC that would
let me use it.
Does anyone know where i can get some good
recipes using the Core plan foods?

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

As of today i didn't count any points but i did watch my
portion sizes and ate 6 small meals a day the way my
Doctor said to do.
She kinda frowmed when she heard that im only allowed
20 points a day then suggested i just watch my portion
sizes and walk 30 minutes a day.

I have my meeting tomorrow at noon and im gonna
try the Core Plan and see how that works for me.
Some plans work well for others and some don't.
Hopefully the Core plan is for me.

I don't know anyone with a Debt or CC that would
let me use it.
Does anyone know where i can get some good
recipes using the Core plan foods?
http://www.freewebs.com/hwc1973/

I haven't looked through these but they are Core plan recipes.

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a recipe for a soup that has 0 points value - I am going to PM you now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Got your PM Thank you so much.

Went to my meeting today and i lost 3 pounds
which im very happy with.
My leader said that alot of ppl will switch from the
Flex plan to the Core plan because they're
still hungry after reaching the points for the day.
She said do whichever one that i can stick with.
I'm still watching my portion sizes and im writing
all the foods i eat for the day in my Journal
so i can see where i am making mistakes as far
as portion sizes go.
I know before i started WW i would eat the biggest
bake potatoe in the bag lol
Now i eat the smallest and i only add a small
amount of sour cream and butter to it.
Before i would pile them both on and i know that
those alone were alot of fat and calories.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chelle

Got your PM Thank you so much.

Went to my meeting today and i lost 3 pounds
which im very happy with.
My leader said that alot of ppl will switch from the
Flex plan to the Core plan because they're
still hungry after reaching the points for the day.
She said do whichever one that i can stick with.
I'm still watching my portion sizes and im writing
all the foods i eat for the day in my Journal
so i can see where i am making mistakes as far
as portion sizes go.
I know before i started WW i would eat the biggest
bake potatoe in the bag lol
Now i eat the smallest and i only add a small
amount of sour cream and butter to it.
Before i would pile them both on and i know that
those alone were alot of fat and calories.
Wow!! Way to go!
That's the big thing is portion sizes, and your awareness of them.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiwi, Would you midn sharing that 0pt soup with me too? Pretty please?

Chelle, Good job on the 3 lbs!
I think (for me at least) the journaling is VERY important. It's help keep me aware and accountable for what I'm eating. Even though I went way over my points I still managed to lose because I was still writing everything down and so I was very conscious of what I was eating/drinking and that made me eat less/smaller portions.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The two things I find most useful is

1) to go to the meetings. At least once a week, I refocus on my goals and get advice from others.

2) keep track of what I'm eating. Even if I go over my points, I'm paying attention to my food choices and not eating as much or deciding on healthier choices.

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I second that on going to the meetings! I pay monthly $40 so it's a little cheaper per week.

The first week I lost a little over 3 pounds whereas the next 3-4 weeks, I only lost about a pound a week (Well, it was over the holidays!) This last time I went, I had lost 3 1/2 pounds! For a total of 9 pounds so far since the beginning of December.

Watching The Biggest Loser is a real motivator to keep going!

(p.s. I ran into a family friend at the last meeting that I haven't seen or spoken to in 14 years!!)

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just found this -- chelle, I'm concerned about you having the shakes. Did your doctor check your blood sugar? If those continue, you need to be sure your glucose isn't falling too low between meals.

A dear friend of mine has done WW for years -- her weight goes up, she does the plan until it goes down, she goes off the plan, and her weight goes up again. While she's on the plan, she becomes tense and grim and withdrawn; while she's off, she's happy at first, because she looks so good... but then as the weight piles back on, she becomes more and more depressed, and eventually starts the plan again.

It's a vicious cycle. It's not healthy for her mentally or physically, and it's wreaking havoc in her relationships, too. I'd love to see her switch to a permanent lifestyle-change approach, more like what SwampWitch describes (although few of us could achieve SW's level of extreme virtuosity!
).

Statistically, it does seem to be true that if you can't continue your weight-loss effort on a permanent basis, you almost certainly cannot keep the weight off permanently. So if WW can help you create better habits that will stay with you even after you are no longer active in the program, that's wonderful! But the whole idea of losing a lot of weight quickly on WW or any other plan, then going off the program and back to your normal way of eating... that's extremely unlikely to work.

But y'know what? About three months ago, I started trying to be more conscious of portion control -- not to the point of feeling deprived, but just learning to stop eating when I didn't especially want any more food. And without even realizing I was doing it, I've lost 11 pounds! So if portion control is one of your issues, getting a handle on that can really make a difference.

One last thing: someone said "20 pounds isn't that much to lose," and that's absolutely true. If you've got 20 pounds to lose -- DO IT NOW. Because once you get up into my territory, with 80 or 90 pounds to lose, it becomes SO MUCH HARDER. At that point, you're so out of shape that even mild exercise becomes extremely difficult... and you're most likely also depressed, so you have trouble mustering up motivation, and you may be eating as a form of consolation, too.

So I hope you stop the trend before it goes too far. Don't end up like me, having to turn to lap-band surgery (set for February 1) as a cure for weight-related ailments.

Good luck to us all!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

I just found this -- chelle, I'm concerned about you having the shakes. Did your doctor check your blood sugar? If those continue, you need to be sure your glucose isn't falling too low between meals.

A dear friend of mine has done WW for years -- her weight goes up, she does the plan until it goes down, she goes off the plan, and her weight goes up again. While she's on the plan, she becomes tense and grim and withdrawn; while she's off, she's happy at first, because she looks so good... but then as the weight piles back on, she becomes more and more depressed, and eventually starts the plan again.

It's a vicious cycle. It's not healthy for her mentally or physically, and it's wreaking havoc in her relationships, too. I'd love to see her switch to a permanent lifestyle-change approach, more like what SwampWitch describes (although few of us could achieve SW's level of extreme virtuosity!
).

Statistically, it does seem to be true that if you can't continue your weight-loss effort on a permanent basis, you almost certainly cannot keep the weight off permanently. So if WW can help you create better habits that will stay with you even after you are no longer active in the program, that's wonderful! But the whole idea of losing a lot of weight quickly on WW or any other plan, then going off the program and back to your normal way of eating... that's extremely unlikely to work.

But y'know what? About three months ago, I started trying to be more conscious of portion control -- not to the point of feeling deprived, but just learning to stop eating when I didn't especially want any more food. And without even realizing I was doing it, I've lost 11 pounds! So if portion control is one of your issues, getting a handle on that can really make a difference.

One last thing: someone said "20 pounds isn't that much to lose," and that's absolutely true. If you've got 20 pounds to lose -- DO IT NOW. Because once you get up into my territory, with 80 or 90 pounds to lose, it becomes SO MUCH HARDER. At that point, you're so out of shape that even mild exercise becomes extremely difficult... and you're most likely also depressed, so you have trouble mustering up motivation, and you may be eating as a form of consolation, too.

So I hope you stop the trend before it goes too far. Don't end up like me, having to turn to lap-band surgery (set for February 1) as a cure for weight-related ailments.

Good luck to us all!
That is what I like about WW. They tell you the food you can eat, not sell you their food. Sure, you can buy their food, but learning portion control, exercising and paying attention, you will lose weight even after you stop the program.

I laugh when I see Jenny Craig come on TV. "Lose 20 lbs for $20!" plus the cost of food. OKayyyy, when I have lost my weight, how does eating your food keep my weight off after discontinuing your program??

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, I absolutely agree with you, but I'll point out that it's true of any diet or eating plan.

It's just common sense...you eat in such a way that you gain weight so you change your eating by going on a diet to lose the weight...if you go then go back to eating the way you did before it'll have fairly predictable results and you'll gain weight again.

Bear in mind that I'm the queen of the yo-yo dieters, so I've done this time and time again. It's a heck of a lot easier said than done to commit to a healthy eating plan for life.

There isn't actually anything new about the Weight Watchers plan. It's stuff you already know...eat healthy foods...watch your portion sizes...drink water...exercise. It works for me (when I stick to it) because I need the structure and accountability of tracking points and attending weekly meetings. But there's really nothing magic about it, and it doesn't necessarily work for everyone. It is actually intended to be a permanent lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. If your friend is using it as a yo-yo diet she's not really following the program.

The best plan for anyone is the one that makes you feel better and you can live with enough to make it a permanent change.

Good luck with your surgery, Carol!!

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to join a local Gym next week plus i
walk everyday.

Did anyone else watch Discovery Health channel this week?
They had twins on there all week to lost weight and
they all did pretty good ( National Body Challenge )
they had to diet and exercise for 15 weeks,it was really
inspiring

I spoke to a lady today that joined WW with me and
she dropped the points program cause she was allowed
25 a day and she felt like she was starving too.
She's doing the same thing im doing,watching her
portions.She said she tried the Core Plan before
but she didn't like it because you were only
allowed the food that was in the book.
I thought about trying it just too see how
it goes for me...no harm in trying

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to ask..does anyone know where i can find
the WW smoothies? it's in my book but i can't find them
in the store.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know some of the WW stuff is at our store (meijer/wal-mart). I'd suggest going to the WW site and buying the starter kit. I just got mine and it's got the complete food guide, complete dining out guide, 3month journal, a starter book or recipes and a little bag for carring it all. When I get a chance today I'll PM you some of the smoothie recipes I have.

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to get the kit but can't afford it right now

But hopefully i can buy it when income tax comes.

Yeah i go to Wal-Mart for WW goodies,my favorite is
their blueberry muffins,they are soooo good!

chelle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

The two things I find most useful is

1) to go to the meetings. At least once a week, I refocus on my goals and get advice from others.

2) keep track of what I'm eating. Even if I go over my points, I'm paying attention to my food choices and not eating as much or deciding on healthier choices.
Same here...I'm tracking of my portion sizes and it has helped
me loose weight.
I used to pick the biggest potatoe now i pick the smallest.
I didn't realize how much of a difference it made til
i started keeping a Journal of what i ate a day
and my BIG portion sizes versus now...it makes
a big difference .