Weight Loss Support for the Humans

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

My endurance and flexibilty are like a thousand times better than they were 2 weeks ago! And I've been drinking more tea rather than snacking and eating after dinner!

I still need to work on the eating out (and therefore also the eating whole grains and veggies) thing, but I am starting to eat just a tad less. baby steps, right?

I think every week I acheive my goals is a week I go to Lush and buy myself a fancy shmancy bath
If I had a decent bath tub I'd so treat myself to a nice bath salt or something else fru fru for the bath. Sadly, my tub only hold about 6" of water and at 5'9" it's not even enough to cover me.

I just looked at Lush (never heard of them before) and all I can say is... Ohhhhhh... looks nice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mom_2_3: Water will help to keep your skin supple, where it will actually help when losing weight to keep it from doing the "sag" thing... For the marks, I figure we're stuck with them... however, I've heard (but not tried) Vitamin E capsules.. get the capsules, break one open a day and rub the oil on the marks. Supposedly this works really well for reducing the scarring.

I'm hoping a.) that I lose all the weight I wanted to, and wondering now if b.) I'm going to have flabby skin.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~How many of you actually sit down and eat breakfast? I have such a hard time eating breakfast which I think sets me up for failure the rest of the day. I stay so busy in the morning and with my COFFEE FIX I dont feel hungry until later in the day...BUT..and thats a BIG OL BUTT haha when I do eat I tend to over do it or grab fast food! Im trying to ONLY eat out if its at SUBWAY from now on but still Im wondering if many people eat breakfast?~

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I had yogurt, carrots, a dressingless-cesar salad....and a brownie. But there was a party at work! One little brownie is not THAT bad!

And it's that special-monthly-girl-time...you know the one I'm talking about! I'm crampy, I'm cranky and I can have a brownie, darn it!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I've got my "friend" too. Nothing like trying to psych yourself up to lose weight when you're crampy and bloated and cranky. I think you should feel good that you didn't eat a whole pan of brownies!!

mom_2_3, welcome to the group! I just want to echo what others have said...you're beautiful already. But good for you for wanting to get in better shape!! Good luck on your journey!

I do, actually, force myself to sit down and eat breakfast every morning. I have to or I'm starving all day long. I usually eat a bowl of oatmeal, or some FF yogurt with fruit and Fiber One cereal mixed in.

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
~haha at "FRIEND" he is NO friend of mine lol more like ENEMY! I call him "TOM" Time Of Month haha. I hate when TOM visits and I cant wait till he leaves me to visit somebody ELSE haha! PS no be down on yourself for the brownie. Womens metabolism actually are higher during TOM and if you were going to CHEAT at all with a snack or two, this would be the time to do it haha!~

~Thanks for the warm welcome. I think that mainly my reason for wanting to lose weight is I do have a bad back and any EXTRA weight really causes me alot of pain. I chose NOT to have surgery because I didnt want to go that route so only option for me to control pain the NATURAL way is to lose some weight. Im happy with my body etc now because big or not Im still very active. I can do just about anything anybody else can do. I do not have High Blood pressure, or other problems that come along with obesity but it may be right around the corner you never know!~

~Today I was badddd! I didnt eat breakfast, no coffee, and I only ate dinner just an hour ago which I HATE doing. Its good to not eat after 5-6 PM. I ate about 3 spoons of Mashed potatoes, Chilli Mac, Greens, cressent roll and a can of soda. I probably had my 1000calories right there in ONE stinkin meal! So if I DO eat anything later it will be a grape fruit and some water.~

When I start dieting I try to stick to 1200 calories a day. Then when you body stops losing UP your cals about 200 more and then in a week your body will adjust to the HIGHER amount so when you go back down to 1200 it will start to lose again. ~

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Mom_2_3!!
I am an only water drinker with the very very occasional glass of milk. I don't drink pop, tea, or coffee! I worked out tonight even though DH had his 7 teeth pulled.
I did try something new today. I made a ground turkey burger. It was ok. Texture was just like hamburger, taste was a little different every once in a while. I would do it again, but flavor it a bit more. I also bought a salmon filet and a tilapia I think. I will try those this week as well. DH can't eat anything right now, and in the next few weeks won't be able to eat anything not soft, so I'm trying all the odd stuff out now so he doesn't have to suffer through the bad ones!
I didn't do my crunches today but I did go for a walk.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I think you should feel good that you didn't eat a whole pan of brownies!!
Ya know, I don't like diets...I don't think they work. I like the "all things in moderation" philosophy (in which some things, like brownies, are more moderated than others, say spinach) and the "don't at when you're not hungry" philosophy, which is MUCH easier said than done.

One thing I'm trying is to actually ask myself "are you hungry, or bored?" before eating. If I'm bored, I'll have some tea or a bath or something. If I'm hungry, I'll find something to eat.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not much went on today here huh? I tried salmon today. It was.... ish! I also had with is garden vegtable rice and peaches. Those were both good. I may or may not try the salmon again. Kitters liked it though!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Not much went on today here huh? I tried salmon today. It was.... ish! I also had with is garden vegtable rice and peaches. Those were both good. I may or may not try the salmon again. Kitters liked it though!
I had to warm up to salmon. My favorite way to eat it is smoked as lox, on a bagel with cream cheese, tomato and red onion. Have you had Mahi Mahi? That's easier to get used to, if you haven't already tried it.

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, ugh, I don't do fish... only crablegs (snow or king)

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I had to warm up to salmon. My favorite way to eat it is smoked as lox, on a bagel with cream cheese, tomato and red onion. Have you had Mahi Mahi? That's easier to get used to, if you haven't already tried it.
I love fish ( okay I dont eat river fish other than salmon) ... I had sole for dinner last night... I have AHi waiting for another night soon... Lox isnt on my plan;(.. so eat some for me would ya??

I am in love with Manna bread ... it is unleaved and sprouted all natural state

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy, am I proud of myself! Today, I ate salad, cornbread, and a very small baked potato (no cheese) at lunch, and tonight, nothing but strawberries and two cookies. Doesn't sound so great, I guess, but for me, volume-wise, that's a big improvement. And yesterday, we went to our usual Italian place, but I ate only half the bread I normally get and -- TA DAAA -- no pasta! Just salad. And although tira misu was procured, I had two bites and STOPPED.

I feel thinner already!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I totally applaud you, Carol! Tiramisu... ohhh, purrrrrrrrrrrr I love tiramisu... I would not have made it with only two bites.

Anyway.. I saw something today... I forgot to post it here a minute ago.. There's a website: www.dwlz.com that is done by someone who went through weightwatchers.. but she's got some good tips and stuff, and does an entire section on restaurant dining where she's figured out the points and stuff. So, while most of it's in points, she also does the caloric breakdown I think.

On her website, though, is a link to a set of hypnosis cds, that I really want to try to get. They're pricey though... has anyone seen or used this method? Dottie seems to have a lot of success with them... (Dottie is the woman who built the site)...

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom did the hypnosis for smoking.... She did ok for a little bit but started again. I think she got the tapes too for weight loss, but am not sure how that went for her. She lost 70 lbs after she had me though on WW. So I know it can be done. She kept it off too until she passed at 44. So she kept it off for over 18 years.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got a really good recipe for a glaze that makes salmon taste fantastic. Of course I can't find it!!!!

But...you use honey, soy sauce, and garlic, mix and heat, and I think you broil the salmon in the oven for about 5 minutes a side - putting the sauce over the second side.

I'll keep looking for it - it's an online recipe, so let me know it anyone else finds it!