Week 9 ish: What is Your Irrational Fear?

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have afew irrational fears. My first one is hieghts. Even if I see someone sitting on the edge of a balcony I feel sick like they're going to fall. My second fear is of dead/demon children. Pet cemetary scarred my as a child. Been scared ever since. haha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Agent_Haun

I am terrified of cockroaches.
I believe some people would insist that's a rational fear.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we were kids my grandad always warned us about the dangers of escalators. He said that if you weren't quick enough stepping off at the end you could get your foot caught in the spikes and be pulled underneath. Needless to say, us kids were always quick to get off the escalator!

cagnes

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Spiders!!!

I guess, that it's a pretty common fear, but that's the only thing that I'm afraid of... well, that & murderers... I would say that I'm afraid of murders too.

I can hold a snake, lizard, roach or any other kind of bug, but I terrified of spiders!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am scared to death of birds!!
I don't mind them flying around outside, but the ones in the pet store!! UGH!! Or those super-tame birds like pigeons that hang around parks or where people frequent. I have no desire to have my eyeballs pecked-out!!

ruthie70

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have OCD, which is bad enough - am happy when I don't have to leave home because that entails checking the stove, electrical outlets, taps, etc. But my fears are spiders (I dream about them frequently too, which is horrible); heights; flying (have given it up entirely, which is a shame because I can't go abroad; and thunder-and-lightening - this last is a killer for me - have never been caught out of doors during one as yet - would probably go berserk if I was. Ironically, I have been very successful in my work and am considered to be (ahem!) a very strong person -and the go-to person for information and advice.....they don't know about the OCD!!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I thought I had replied to this thread!

Mirrors at nighttime! I am always afraid that something will come through them.
Definitely irrational!

Christy - I am the same, I have a fear of embarrassing myself so I always think carefully before I talk about something and I say it to myself to make sure it sounds right.

I have been told that I have OCD because of some things that I do, like if theres eggs, I have to have an even number, I prefer everything in even numbers - if theres an odd one, I get all nervous and take the odd object and get it used.

Clowns scare me. I believe it is because of the multiple personality aspect - the true person is different from the person being portrayed. It doesnt help that movies portray clowns as bad! (oh yeah, John Wayne Gacy comes to mind also!)

I am scared of Keas - they are an alpine parrot here in NZ and they have big beaks and I am always scared that they are going to peck my eyes out.

Wow, I certainly sound like a scaredy cat!

jellilorum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Spiders! They literally make me go into hysterics and I seem to have no control over this. I probably need professional help, he he he.

I also fear algebra, geometry, and calculus. It took me four times to pass high school algebra. SAT scores: Reading 750, Math 400, lol. I spent six years in college because I had to take EVERY remedial math class, three of them! The day of the remedial exit exam I ended up in the psych office hyperventilating before the exam began.

Then, when I was taking the math courses that counted towards my GPA that would be the only course I took during that semester. I thought I was going to go mad during the calculus semester! Still haven't used any of it in real life ... sigh ...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spiders.....and i have the scars from 2 brown recluse spiders to warrent my fears...

never getting married...that would just be too weird for me ...i wanna be a mom and a good wife someday when the time is right.

Anything to do with math....yuck

running into people i can't stand without my makeup on...it's always bound to happen when i have a bad day too..