Wedding receptions, what did you eat at yours?

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

For our rehearsal dinner we are having a bbq equipped with pulled pork, pulled chicken, texas toast, hushpuppies, cole slaw, potatoe salad, corn on the cobb, and sweet and unsweet tea.
We had a bbq for our rehearsal dinner, too. It was the BEST time and everyone had so much fun.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We rented a lodge in a country park, that featured lovely grounds as well as a spacious building with cobblestone fireplace, full kitchen, room for tables as well as an area that could be used for dancing. We meant to be married outside near some apple trees, under a live flower decorated arch, but it was windy and cool! So we moved the arch inside in front of the fireplace instead and were married there.

For our reception we had it catered using my husband's recipe for Dijon Chicken, and also had a ham, meatless lasagna, steamed green beans w/garlic, garden salad, red potato salad, rolls.

The wedding cake was an italian rum cake redecorated by a baker we'd hired (who simply couldn't get the recipe I had for this particular bakery's famous rum cake to work) - basket weave design with fresh flowers, 3 layers. The top and base layers were the rum cake, the middle layer was a chocolate cake with raspberry filling made by our baker/cake decorater.

Our wedding cake topper was a custom made piece from an artist in WA state - two cats, one in a tux, one with curled ears in wedding gown, and my step-father handcarved a computer mouse to also go atop the cake, in honor of how we met.

After the meal, dh and I went around to each of our guests, offering handmade Italian cookies that my aunt and my mother had made