Wedding dresses...LOL

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought my dress from eBay. The designer is located in China. I picked a dress from their 'catalogue' (a bunch of models wearing dresses shot from some other designer), and sent them my measurements.

I simply could not find a dress to fit me here in the states. Every bridal salon I went to started in a size 8. I'm a zero or 2. The 2's fell off.

So I turned to someone who could make the dress to fit me... and boy did I WIN.

I got the dress within 45 days (no rush; engagement lasted 11 months) and it fit PERFECTLY. Gorgeous, too! For $250 total (including shipping from China), I had a dress that is comparable to a Maggie.

We went 'on the frugal' for our wedding & reception too, and it was a blast.

I wouldn't hesitate to point anyone to the Seller on eBay who I used. They had a huge variety and paid attention to detail... didn't ignore anything and followed my exact measurements. Anyone who sees my dress (in person or the photos) says it looks like it costs "thousands".

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not necessarily worn once - they could have gotten the wedding dress (which makes its "used" since they bought it and had it altered) - and never got to wear it

whosamyhercules

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I went to my senior prom I spend months looking for dresses but with my mom going through a divorce and my "father" wouldnt help pay for anything because I wasnt "his" kid..Even tho I called him dad all my life. We ended up getting my dress made by my cheer coach and it took her 2 days and cost 40 bucks. I spent more getting my hair nails and makeup done. It turned out amazing!!!!!!!

Not bad for 2 days 40 bucks and 6 mths of working out with my gym teacher everyday!!!!