We cannot afford to help them anymore...

suzi saul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't have time to read through all the messages, but please call this place.  http://spayusa.org/ Tell them what's happening, and see if they have advice for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, we have Cookie and Carly scheduled to get fixed on Thursday. We don't have Simon scheduled because we only have one crate and our ride doesn't have room to take all three cats anyway. Simon is still very small, he probably weighs less than four pounds. Cookie is 8 months old and weighs close to 9 pounds and it's all muscle. He's a tall, lanky boy with a long muzzle and bat ears and the loudest, raspiest, most insistent voice.

Carly is six months old now, fortunately it doesn't seem like she's been through heat yet as we're not hearing her yowling or anything, but it's time to get her fixed.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

revenwyn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Cookie and Carly have been fixed. Oddly, Carly, who is female, is doing better than Cookie, who is male. Watching Cookie trying to walk is pretty funny right now. They also got their rabies. We declined other shots, we wouldn't have had money for them for one, and second the vet didn't seem to think they needed them because they are indoor cats.

Most people in our area do not have indoor cats. They also don't bother to fix their cats, and only about 30% of pet cats here ever see a vet. But if something happens to the family dog? Oh they drive an hour away to the nearest emergency vet clinic if their primary vet is closed.

tjcarst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear they are doing pretty good.  I have only had female cats

and needed to make sure they did not try to jump up on anything.  I would have thought the males would have less pain?  Poor guy.

Thanks for caring enough to take care of them.  They are lucky to have found you!