Wasn't a ring, but....

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, yesterday was me and Bradley's 2-year anniversary.

When I got home from work, his truck was there. That was odd b/c he was supposed to be on the boat until about 5 or so and he would've called me if they cancelled their trip...
Anyway, I go inside and against the wall was a big aquarium on a stand and all of the necessary things needed (coral, salt, chemicals, filters, etc.) to start a saltwater aquarium. On top of that, he has ordered 2 SEAHORSES from our local exotic aquatics store. We're starting the seahorse aquarium I've wanted forever!!!
We're also going to get some panther groupers, clownfish, and small lookdowns. This is the most unbelieveable gift anyone has ever given me AND we now have a hobby that we can share together
. On top of all that, he got me a gift certificate to the spa that I love (yeah, he went above and beyond).
We had dinner at this wonderful restaurant on the beach and then took a walk on the beach. But I was eager to get back home and just stare at the aquarium
The cats are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE watching the fish every day (so now I can stop putting on Cat Sitter before I leave for work
).
I'll post pictures when I get home. Talk about the perfect anniversary

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow that's GREAT Amy!!! It sounds absolutely wonderful. I always thought it would be neat to own seahorses. I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats on bagging such a great guy and way to go Bradley!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my god lucky you!
Ben has been protesting against me getting a bigger aquarium for my fish!
You gotta post pics and i can assure you that your kitties WILL LOVE THE AQUARIUM!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, thanks guys
I couldn't be happier. And now when he does finally propose...it'll be a complete and total surprise! I sorta half-thought it could be last night (not that I was at all disappointed with the aquarium!!), so now I have no clue when it'll be and I love that

Bradley is putting in the saltwater as I type this. In about 2 days, we'll put in a damsel (a small, cheap-ish fish) to test the water. In about a week we'll add the clownfish and in about 3 weeks we'll add the seahorsies. I'm already thinking about naming the seahorses Marge and Homer (after the Simpsons).
Anyway, thanks again y'all. There ARE some absolutely wonderful guys out there!!!

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so jealous! Grats.
I've always wanted a saltwater tank, but could never get one, due to cost and/or size.
I'll just have to be happy with my little 5 gallon tropical.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds like such a unique and cool gift!

You are so lucky

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy! That was so kind of Bradley to get an aquarium for the Drama Queens! I'm sure they will LOVE it!
But, really, that was a great gift AND the spa thing ! Waaaaaaaaaaay cool!

lovemycodygirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ooooooh Amy, congrats! That sounded like a wonderful day and a perfect celebration of 2 years! Looks like you got yourself a real keeper there!!!
And seahorses....you'll have to post pics of the kitties oogling at them!

It's so funny, we're right behind you guys...our 2 year is in September. But I totally know what you mean, I was expecting the ring last month when Dennis took me on a surprise visit to the beach one night. I got allllll excited thinking, this is it, this is it! And then, just a stroll on the boardwalk!
Sooooo, who knows...just better be before Christmas!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lovemycodygirl

just better be before Christmas!!
Girl, we are in the EXACT same boat!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a nice present!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've always wanted a salt water aquarium but never got around to it yet. Did you end up giving him a gift cert for a massage????????????
Enjoy your 2 yr!!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That sounds awesome, Amy! A really neat gift from an obviously really neat guy!! One more demonstration that you have a keeper there!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone
Yup Gail, I got him the gift certificate for an hour-long deep-tissue massage, as well as got his captain's certificate matted and done up in a really neat frame

Here is a picture of what I saw when I got home yesterday (wish I had audio of the scream!)

Here's the tank today. It's murky b/c we just added the salt water and sand and it's "cycling." Should be totally clear in a day or so, then we'll add our first "cycle fish" on Saturday.

And here's a picture of us last night after dinner (like I said before, Bradley is rarely smiling in a picture unless he's holding a dead fish
)

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is so cool. I had an aquarium for years, it really adds to the amibiance of a home.