Warning: Very Mean Vent!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

While I believe that there is a place for outdoor cats, I also think that the majority are better off indoors. When I moved into my neighborhood, I began to help feed Mouser, who was also being fed by my neighbors. She was a spayed female who had been there for at least 10 years. We figured that she was 15 when I had to have her pts because of cancer. I don't believe she would have adapted to being indoor only after living so many years outdoors.

On the other hand, there is a house that I drive by on the way to work. This year alone I personally saw 1 dead cat and 2 dead dogs on the side of the street near their house. It made me so angry, sad, and sick that people would value their pets so little that they would allow this to happen.
Make that 2 dead cats now. SAME HOUSE!!!
I saw another one yesterday... a big beautiful black & white Tuxedo cat. RIP pretty kitty.

janine&lily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree i think cats should be indoors,both mine are only allowed in the yard which they cant climb out of and i stand and watch them to make sure their ok.Most of the time they dont like going out so im lucky.When i was a kid i had so many animals killed because there was a railway at the back of my garden and theyed be run over by trains and we'd never see them again.Now that i have my own house i control if they go out or not its much easier if you've got a small secure yard for them.My aunties cat was just run over by a bus and her daughter and grand children seen it happen if they hadnt tho they would never have known what had happened to her.