Wanting Another Cat but DH says "NO!"

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pekoe & Nigel

That's the best solution I've heard yet!

Please let us know how that conversation goes.
I have a feeling that would be an interesting one!!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
heres what my mom said u need to do...in ur "alone" time u need to sweet talk him into it
see she did have my dad agree on getting blue tessa was just an extra we brought home and when he told her no the sweetness was gone and it was a very arguementive week
but she said try sweet talk in "alone" time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nellers

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great suggestions!
The kid thing won't work for me sadly. He really wants to have a kid soon and I am the "anti-kid" one right now (due to career reasons AND because we are just now moving into a house suitable for a kid).

I did talk to him briefly last night and now he says he wants a dog. But he's allergic to most dogs so I am not sure why.
He did say I could get a turtle but I want some FUR!

But I like the idea of taking him to the shelter or to the Petsmart when the Foster rescue cats are there for the day. That's how we got Maverick last Christmas. DH picked him out. Or shall I say, Maverick picked DH out!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never listen to hubby.......
He complains all the time about my cats, and dogs..........I just ignore him
That seems to work the best,hehe.

I am also wanting another kitty, but I am holding off for awhile. I know when and if I DO decide to get one, hes going to flip, but owell.......LOL. I know, I am so baaaad.........

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i was trying to convince mike (mr. only-2-kitties) that we should adopt stimpy, i worked on him for 2 weeks i think. we had the pity thing going--stimpy had a bad blockage (i think previous owners fed him something horrendous like special kitty dry
). so he was recovering, had to have the same considerations for food as my other 2 cats, and not many people at a shelter are interested in 1. an adult cat, 2. an adult with special considerations 3. any cat with "urinary" anything on their card.

so, i got him to the point that he said "we'll talk about it". that was when i knew i was in. he wasn't saying a flat out no. so i filled out the application.
well, part of the adoption process is the family has to meet the kitty. stimpy sure seemed to know what to do. he had mike so convinced, mike said "i guess 3 cats are ok".
so, that's how i convinced mr. only-2-kitties we should have a 3rd cat. other posters are right, it helps if the hubby thinks it's his decision. (i need an evil grin icon
)

also, part of the agreement was he got to name stimpy. would that help convince your hubby?

good luck!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does he like Potato Chips??? If he does give him a bag and after he eats 2 say that's all you can have
Cats are like Potato Chips you can't just have 2
Okay I'm silly but WTH it's worth a try

mandm1213

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well..

i have bryne.. and sometimes i really miss my first cat.. i live with my partner in a one bedroom apartment. This isn't your average one bedroom though, it's HUGE! Our bedroom is bigger than most apartment bedrooms and our living room is huge.. we even have a big kitchen. So, i decided it was time for another cat. Bryne runs around so much wanting to play with someone.. so i figured another cat just like her would do the trick.

I told my partner.. and she said no. =) but that's ok. because we are moving in July and when we move she said i can get another baby to play with our sweet Bryne. Maybe if you just talk to him about how much fun the cats would have, if they had another playmate.. or just try to sweet talk him.

I'm glad he said he wants a dog or you could get a turtle, because now that means he's breaking.