Wal Mart

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I only shop at WalMart when I'm desperate.  We've started shopping more at Aldi and that's really cut into our "needs" from Wally World. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Isn't it a funny world:  I'm 25,000kms (15,000miles) away on the other side of the world and know most of these stores.

We have Target in the next suburb, Aldi just up the road.  I pray we never get Walmart... in fact people are fighting it here.

I'm working on buying from the little people.. farmer's markets for food, clothing from markets/little shops. I just bought a little chest of drawers from the Oxfam shop and I usually buy gifts from ETSY or make them myself.  Catfood comes from PetBarn but only because my little petstore doesn't stock what I want. 

I know in many cases it's what is affordable but I just feel we're losing so much. 

One day there will just be one or two companies owning the lot.

sarahliz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The nearest Walmart to me is only about 8 exits north on i-95, but it feels far and I hate going there! It's always packed and people are rude. That said, I still go about once a month. I prefer Target, but there isn't one of those that close either.

What deals keep you going to Walmart? Are there things I should look for?