Waking up to a mouse on my face....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

biancaboo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Closest Mouse has got in leaving a gift for me was under the edge of my pillow.  As I congratulated and fussed over him (containing my screams) so he'd know catching mice was a good thing to do I was also reminding myself how lucky I was my warm, furry gift was under my pillow and NOT on top or on my face.    Eeeew.  Well done for keeping your cool.
I have a feeling that is going to happen soon, she sneaks her toys under my pillow when I sleep. She has a extra digits (fully functional like a raccoon or human) that she uses to  push them under. Funny story the other day I was wrapping presents and caught her picking up a pair of scissors and holding them with both paws. 

rooneyandmuldoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all of the funny stories. I especially like the quote about cats being our caretakers. I'm going to share that one with my kids. (Thanks Pinkdagger.) My story is about a retired Maine Coon I had named Clementine. She was a sweetheart. Not the brightest, but... My bed has a headboard with cubby holes in it and a shelf on top that the cats get up on to look out the window. (I bought it for the shelf overlooking the window.) Clementine was up there when I was sleeping, and I was startled awake by this warm, gooey sensation on my face. Ever thoughtful Clementine had projectile barfed all over my face. Lovely animal.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks for all of the funny stories. I especially like the quote about cats being our caretakers. I'm going to share that one with my kids. (Thanks Pinkdagger.) My story is about a retired Maine Coon I had named Clementine. She was a sweetheart. Not the brightest, but... My bed has a headboard with cubby holes in it and a shelf on top that the cats get up on to look out the window. (I bought it for the shelf overlooking the window.) Clementine was up there when I was sleeping, and I was startled awake by this warm, gooey sensation on my face. Ever thoughtful Clementine had projectile barfed all over my face. Lovely animal.
   That is so eeeeew.   

I hope you told her not to do that again.....  

@Biancaboo    have you seen the Cravendale cat adverts?  Perhaps your little girl should audition for the next advert. 

rooneyandmuldoo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
MServant, that is a pretty funny video, alright. Unfortunately, Clementine is no longer with us. I have one of her baby boys, and two rescue cats. I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at cat videos. I love them all, but Henri, Le Chat Noir, the existential cat, is my absolute favorite. Thanks!

Susan

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWW!   lol  

angelinacat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

YUCCKK and phooey, ....  But we love them, don't we?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

MServant, that is a pretty funny video, alright. Unfortunately, Clementine is no longer with us. I have one of her baby boys, and two rescue cats. I spend an embarrassing amount of time looking at cat videos. I love them all, but Henri, Le Chat Noir, the existential cat, is my absolute favorite. Thanks!

Susan
I am sorry @rooneyandmuldoo,  she sounds pretty special.  I agree, Henri is a pretty wise and awsome cat.  

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think that it is good that mine needs to be let out and in by two doors, so no nasty surprises when I'm sleeping, except a bat and wet toy mouses :D

Recently Miuku had caught some small lizard which he was carrying around and putting down for others to hunt. Yesterday he had mole or something rather large with tiny tail, he brings them to show off I guess, then runs to hide with his prey.

Ones he does not eat he leaves to open field where owls and hawks seem to pick them up, I'm not sure if he is using his catch as a lure so he could try to hunt those bigger birds, but he is stalking nearby bushes after he drops his catch to that specific location.

Or maybe he is stalking other cats and attempting to lure them in. still I doubt that cat could be that smart?

Instead of bringing mice to my face, they have managed to pee on me while I was sleeping and once one had diarrhea which caused him to poo on my chest when I was sleeping, he surely just had an accident as he was so embarrassed after that , but after that we visited vet and got some foul smelling white liquid and he got much better with that.

One that did pee did that on purpose, he wanted attention and I was sleeping too long from his perspective, he is such that if something is not the way he wants that means peeing on such place where it will be noticed, blanket on top of me is surely getting noticed when it all of sudden gets soaked wet and male cat urine smell is not the lightest one.
He has wonderful personality, very rich, but also it goes far to naughty end too.

pangurban

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh yuck yuck yuck!!!! LOL, ours are inside kitties so we haven't had too many 'presents'. Just bug that are usually gobbled up.

sara sylvan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How did you not freak out!  This just happened to me this morning... I have a mouse phobia btw so...

I woke up and couldn't sleep... I decided to go downstairs on the couch to sleep and watch TV.

I was lying there the cat went on the top of the  sofa and dropped a half dead mouse on the side of my face.

I screamed so loud my neighbors probably woke up!

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ewwwww i just went out to check the mail box and my mothers mackeral tabby has caught a baby mouse and is ripping it to pieces on the living room floor! Mum can take care of it when she gets home from the mall cos i aint touching it!!!! 

Last edited: